Elementary (K-6) Open Enrollment 2019-2020
School Year: July 23, 2019 - May 28, 2020
Due to the statewide school closure ordered by Governor Ducey, Open Enrollment request for the remainder of this school year, 2019-2020 will not be processed.
If you are new to our school district, we ask that you register your child at your attendance boundary school. You may apply for Open Enrollment for the 2020-2021 school year by clicking here to be redirected to next year’s Open Enrollment page.
If you are a current Chandler Unified School District family and you have moved during this school year, 2019-2020 please click the link at the bottom of this page and submit the current school year Open Enrollment Application.
APPLICATION REVIEW DATES
Applications will be reviewed by elementary schools based on the following:
(a) families that are currently attending one of our CUSD schools and have moved out of the school boundary and are requesting to stay at the same school (b) families that are moving and wanting to request a different school other than their home attendance boundary school (c) emergency placements.
WHEN IS AN OPEN ENROLLMENT NEEDED?
CANCELLING OR CHANGING YOUR SUBMITTED OPEN ENROLLMENT APPLICATION
- When a student is attending a Chandler Unified school and they move out of the boundaries of the current school during the active school year and they want to continue at the same school.
- If you made an error on the application (wrong birth date, a name spelled incorrectly, wrong gender, address entered incorrectly), forward your e-mail conformation to Stephanie Tobin at firstname.lastname@example.org with the corrected information. We cannot make changes to your first choice school selection.
THE PROCESS AFTER YOU SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
- All completed applications will be assigned a Priority Group Number from Elementary Education.
- Gifted Programming applications will be initially reviewed by the Gifted office with final approval from the principal of the requested school.
- Special Education applications will be initially reviewed by the Special Education office with final approval from the principal of the requested school.
- The elementary school offices will access their online Priority Group Reports to review their applications, by Priority Group and by time and date stamp.
- The elementary school offices will notify Elementary Education the status of your application.
- Elementary Education will send the notification letter via e-mail to the e-mail address that was listed in the application or US Mail to the home address that was listed in the application.
- Once accepted, continuing Open Enrollment is subject to review each year without reapplication if continuing at the enrolled site.
- It is expected that the student on an Open Enrollment remain at the approved school for the entire year. Revoking an Open Enrollment requires district approval.
Please allow yourself enough time to complete the application in one session. You will not be able to save and come back later to complete.
If you are a current Chandler Unified School District family and you have moved during the 2019-2020 school year, click here to submit your Open Enrollment Application.
No other Open Enrollment applications for the 2019-2020 will be processed. You may apply for Open Enrollment for the 2020-2021 school year by clicking here.