CUSD Nutrition's Philosophy
CUSD Nutrition is dedicated to offering healthy and safe food to all ages. Through our partnership with Aramark, we strive to provide an elevated guest experience and a large variety of healthy and delicious choices for your student. We have a passion for supporting academic excellence through the nutritional quality of the food we serve. Our staff is committed to providing superior customer experiences to the Chandler Unified community.
We look forward to the opportunity to serve you!
Did your family have an approved meal application on file last school year? August 30th is the final day that last year's meal status will carry over. Re-apply today for your child to continue receiving free and reduced meals after August 30th!! Apply here!!
*Students at Hartford, Galveston, and San Marcos Elementary Schools do not need to have an application on file.
Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.
La informacion sobre el programa puede estar disponible en otros idiomas que no sean el ingles. Las personas con discapacidades que requieren medios alternos de comunicacion para obtener la informacion del programa (por ejemplo, Braille, letra grande, cinta de audio, lenguaje de senas americano (ASL), etc.) deben comunicarse con la agencia local o estatal responsable de administrar el programa o con el Centro TARGET del USDA al (202) 720-2600 (voz y TTY) o comuniquese con el USDA a traves del Servicio Federal de Retransmission al (800) 877-8339.
MySchoolBucks Online Payments
The online meal payments through the MySchoolBucks Family Portal, myschoolbucks.com, are now available! The maximum payment amount is $500 and a processing fee of $2.75 is applied per transaction. To create an account, you will need your child’s student ID, first & last name, date of birth, and school name. Our district is listed as Chandler Unified School District.
No Charge for Reduced Price Meals after January 1, 2023
After January 1st, reduced-price meals are no charge.
The AZ Department of Education has announced that from January 2023 through June 2024 all reduced-price meals will be at no cost to the student. Currently, the reduced meal price is $0.30 for breakfast and $0.40 for lunch. Starting January 1, 2023, the cost is $0.00. Students must be eligible for the reduced-price status to receive meals with the price waived to $0.00.
Please note, if you currently have a negative balance in your student’s account, you are still responsible for repayment. Please contact your kitchen manager to discuss repayment plans for the 2022-23 school year. If you have any questions, please contact the CUSD Food & Nutrition Department at 480-812-7240. Our offices are closed for the winter intercession from December 26th to January 6th, returning on January 9th.
Universal Free Meals End for the 22-23 School Year
Due to changes in USDA regulations, Universal Free meals have not been extended to the 2022-23 school year. As of July 20th, the below meal prices will be in effect at most CUSD sites.*
All Grades (K-12)
Adult & Non-Student
Reduced Price (K-12)
Middle School Combo
High School Combo
Adult & Non-Student
During the 22-23 SY, students must complete a Meal Application and qualify to receive free and reduced meals. For families who have completed this application and qualified during the 21-22, their students will only have coverage for the first 30 school days of the new school year. Families will still need to complete an application after July 7, 2022 to receive benefits all year long. Parents can get more information on other benefits provided through the free/reduced meals program here.
*Galveston, Hartford, and San Marcos offer free breakfast and lunch meals to all students due to site eligibility in Provision II programs. Students at these sites do NOT need to complete an online application.
Is your child eligible for Summer P-EBT? $391/ per child if you qualify– Read below for additional details.
The USDA has just authorized Summer Pandemic – Electronic Benefits Transfer (P-EBT) which is available to all school children who were eligible to receive free/ reduced price meals during the 21-22 SY OR who are newly determined eligible for the 22-23 SY. If families qualify for Free/ Reduced meal benefits by July 30th 2022, the family will also receive $391 per eligible child in October. To see if your child qualifies, please apply for free/reduced meals here. Additional guidance from the USDA can be found at Pandemic EBT - Summer 2022 | Food and Nutrition Service (usda.gov) For questions, please contact our free/reduced specialist at Quintero.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get to know us! What sets us apart?
- CUSD Nutrition offers Universal Free Breakfast In The Classroom at qualifying locations: San Marcos Elementary, Hartford Elementary, Galveston Elementary, and Frye Elementary.
- Qualifying school's operate the Fresh Fruit and Vegetable grant program, introducing students to a wide-range of specialty fresh fruits and vegetables. I.e. Persian cucumbers and Starfruit, etc.
- We offer CACFP supper meals, supporting local community programs.
- We have both an Registered Dietitian and Executive Chef who assist in menu planning and recipe development.
- Our food truck, "Nosh + Nomad", travels from school to school, providing unique flavor combinations and nutritious reimbursable meal options.
- The food truck is available for special events. For more information please contact Food & Nutrition Director, Jenny Bracamonte
- We have P.O.D. Markets available in several high schools, offering delicious grab-n-go options for students and staff who are on the run.
- Our Java City brand, offered in select high schools, is a great place for students to grab a reimbursable breakfast and get their daily cup of coffee, smoothie, or tea.
- A majority of our items are made from scratch daily in our Central Kitchen. Scratch-made items include whole grain muffins and dinner rolls, sauces, salad dressings, and salsas.
- We NEVER fry- all of our items are baked or steamed.
- All grain-based items are whole grain rich and contain at least 51% whole grain flour.
- We only use fresh and frozen veggies for the best quality for our students - no canned vegetables here!
Need to get in touch with us? Contact us here:
CUSD Food and Nutrition Office
555 S. Pennington Dr., Chandler, AZ 85224
Phone: (480) 812-7240
Office Hours: 7:30 AM - 4:30 PM
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.