To enroll in the Indigenous Education Program:3. Attach a photocopy or scan of each student's Certificate of Indian Blood or Tribal Enrollment Verification and send all documents to:Tia Gramzinski
We receive financial support from two federally funded grants:
- Title VI
- Johnson-O'Malley (JOM)
These funds are made available for the unique educational and culturally related academic needs of registered American Indian and Alaska Native students. The objectives of Title VI and JOM support Arizona's Academic Standards. Student progress toward meeting the standards is measured accordingly.
These two grants require direct participation by Indigenous Parent Committee (IPC) members. All parents are encouraged to attend our monthly IPC meetings to learn more information about our program, meet other parents, receive program updates, and more.Title VITitle VI provides support to local educational agencies in their effort to improve elementary and secondary school programs that serve American Indian students. The programs funded are based on Arizona's performance standards that are expected of all students, and are designed to assist Indigenous students in meeting those standards. Services are focused on academic enrichment and support. Only the completed Title VI form is needed to be eligible for Title VI funding.Johnson O'MalleyThe funding from Johnson O'Malley (JOM) helps to address the unique cultural needs of Indigenous students attending the Chandler Unified School District. JOM helps fund supplemental programs and services developed and approved by the Chandler Unified School District's Indigenous Parent Committee. Students must fill out the JOM form and have proof of CIB or other tribal enrollment verification.
After submitting the required Title VI and/or Johnson O'Malley documentation, students may be eligible to receive one or more of the following services (subject to change):
- Tuition Assistance for CUSD Summer School Classes in core subjects: Math, Science, or Literacy
- Funding for Cap & Gown expenses (cap & gown only, excludes medallions, stoles, tassels, etc.)
- Financial Assistance for AP/IB fees, EVIT fees, Dual Enrollment classes (CGCC), SAT/ACT tests See form here
- Backpacks & School Supplies for K-12th Grade Students
- Laptop Loan for 8th-12th Grade Students (wireless high speed internet connection required for internet use). See form here
- Graphing Calculator Loan for High School Students. Availability is on a first-come, first-serve basis. See form here
- Native American Club Indigenous Student Advisors available at 5 high schools: (Basha, Casteel, Chandler, Hamilton, Perry)
- Approved field trips
- Monthly newsletters for program updates & academic/extracurricular opportunities
Please click "Johnson O'Malley (JOM) Form" above to download.
Please complete this application to enroll your child in the CUSD Indigenous Education Program. We will also need a copy of each child's CIB or tribal enrollment identification as well as the Title VI form.