Open Enrollment Information
***NEW***ACP Junior High/ACP Oakland:
Open Enrollment applications for ACP Oakland Junior High for the 2021-2022 school year will be submitted completely online! In efforts to minimize lines and ensure an equitable application process, open enrollment for ACP Oakland will only be accepted via our online application platform.
Paper applications will not be accepted.
The link for the open enrollment application will be posted on our website and will be “live” for all ACP Oakland Junior High applicants beginning at 7:30 am on January 11, 2021.
- The link will be listed on the Registration main webpage. Please click here to go to the ACP Oakland main registration webpage.
The applications will be time stamped upon submittal and a confirmation email will be sent upon successful receipt.
Students not currently attending CUSD: All applications must have grade, attendance and behavior reports either uploaded to the online application platform or you may drop them off to the school, or email them to the registrar within 5 business days of submittal, or the application will be cancelled and considered incomplete. If student has an IEP, a complete copy of their current IEP must also be submitted.
In addition, all applicants for ACP JH grades 6th – 8th will receive an email on January 19, 2021 stating whether their open enrollment application has been approved, declined, or if your student is on the waitlist. Emails will be sent after 5:00pm on Jan 19th.
- In the event we are unable to accept your student due to enrollment capacity, your student will be placed on a waitlist.
- Reasons a student would receive a decline letter includes issues with grades, attendance, and/or discipline. Declined students are not placed on the waitlist.
- ACP Junior High will continue to be 100% open enrollment and will not have assigned boundaries.
Important Notes (PLEASE READ!!!)
- If you submit an ACP Interest Form but do not submit an Open Enrollment form, your form is incomplete. Incomplete applications WILL NOT be considered for approval at ACP. Open Enrollment to ACP will be considered based on the date and time stamp within each priority level of the Open Enrollment application.
- Enrollment is based on the date & timestamp of your open enrollment form within your priority level. For a listing of CUSD priority levels please visit: CUSD80.com/secondaryopenenrollment and scroll to the bottom of the page. Choose the 2021-2022 open enrollment procedures link, (currently it reads: 2020-2021 open enrollment procedures), to find the criteria for priority levels.
- Please ensure the parent/guardian emails listed on the ACP Interest Form are correct.
- Sibling priority only occurs when siblings will be attending the same ACP campus, concurrently. Sibling priority at ACP Junior High is not granted to students who have or will have siblings at ACP High School.
- Providing false information on the Open Enrollment or submitting multiple Open Enrollment Applications will result in the open enrollment being denied or admission being revoked. (per CUSD Open Enrollment application)
(IMPORTANT!) If your student currently attends a school that is NOT part of the Chandler Unified School District, you must also provide the following documents when submitting your Open Enrollment Form: (Items 1-3 are required)
- Current grade report (i.e. 7th grade applicants should provide their 6th grade report card that was provided at the end of the first semester in December)
- Attendance report (for the first semester of the current school year, i.e. 2020-2021)
- Discipline report or if your student has no discipline on file, please submit a letter from school administration (on school letterhead) indicating no discipline infractions have occurred (for the entire time they have attended their school, i.e. K-6th grade). The letter must be signed by an employee of the school office and dated. Teacher comments and/or behavior sheets and/or attendance sheets from the parent portal will not be accepted. False information on discipline reports may result in your student’s open enrollment application being denied.
- Current IEP and/or 504*if your student currently has an IEP and/or a 504, you must print out your most recent IEP and/or 504 and submit it with your open enrollment application.
Current 6th & 7th grade students who attend ACP-Oakland and who are returning to ACP Junior High for the 2021-2022 school year, DO NOT need to re-apply for open enrollment.