Hancock Heat 2016-2017 Running Club
Our Hancock Heat Running Club will be beginning soon! Running Club is open to all Kindergarten through 6thgrade students here at Hancock. There are changes happening to our Running Club this year so please read this information carefully! Due to changes in how tax credit money is used, there is a fee to participate in RC. The Community Ed. department has taken charge of the Running Club program in the district, so all registration/fee payments are done through them and not the schools. Please review the information below and turn in the permission slip to Coach Hartwig if you would like your child(ren) to participate in Running Club this year.
***Registration for RC is done through Infinite Campus. Go to this website: https://campus.cusd80.com/campus/portal/chandler.jsp-
- The Hancock Running Club begins Monday, November 7th 2016
- Running club meets on Mondays and Thursdays from 7:40-8:15 AM at the basketball courts outsid
- A participation fee of $10 is required for each child in RC and includes the entire season
- Students will check-in at the tables and then sit behind their grade level cone on the basketball court.
- Running Club will be running on Hancock school grounds and sometimes at neighboring Ryan Park.
- Running Club continues until the end of February, concluding after the final race
- Transportation is not provided to or from Running Club practices or meets. All runners must arrange for their own ride.
Running Club is organized around the activity of running, but the focus of the club is to promote the well-being of the child. The club will promote fitness and encourage sportsmanship and a positive mental attitude. Basic techniques, skills and strategies of running will be taught as well as values related to the sport. Running Club has proven to be a rewarding experience for the coaches and the children involved. Please encourage and support your child in this effort.
Before consenting to your child’s participation in Running Club please review the list of guidelines below.
Running Club Guidelines
1. Runners must check in and out of Running Club. Attendance will always be taken at the beginning and end of practice. All runs begin and end at a designated area.
2. Although attendance is voluntary, too many missed practices will result in being dropped from the club.
3. Students receiving a third behavior ticket will be dismissed from Running Club.
4. Any runner dropping out of Running Club will not be permitted to rejoin this year.
5. No electronic devices (cell phones, ipods, video games, etc.) are allowed to be used during Running Club.
6. If siblings are not in Running Club, they must arrive to school after 8:15. They are not permitted to wait for their Running Club sibling.
7. Parents wishing to watch their child are encouraged, but we’d rather you walked and/or jogged with us!
In order for your child to participate, you must register and pay the participation fee through Community Ed. In addition, I have a code of conduct that each participant reads and signs with their parent stating that they understand the rules and expectations of Running Club. Please turn in the code of conduct to Coach Hartwig no later than Friday, Oct. 28th 2016. If you have concerns or any questions about RC this year, please feel free to contact Coach Hartwig at (480) 883-5915 or email@example.com I look forward to working with your children during Running Club this year!Coach Hartwig