2021-2022 Payne Cheer Tryouts
MANDATORY Reconditioning / Learning Pom Routine, Cheer, Other skills: Monday July 26th - Thursday July 29th in the PJHS Cafeteria from 4:00-5:45 p.m.
Friday July 30th, 2021 in the PJHS Cafeteria beginning promptly at 4:00 p.m.
Parents: please be prompt when picking up your athletes after tryouts.
*PJHS cheer tryouts are closed tryouts (parents/friends cannot attend or watch tryouts - this includes practices prior to judged tryouts)
All athletes must be registared on Register My Athlete before the first day of tryouts!
This can be done online my going to www.registermyathlete.com
Complete the Cheer Tryout Questionnaire by clicking this link: 21-22 Tryout Questionnaire
Athletes will be judged on the following areas:
- Pom Routine (performance, confidence, expression, correct movement, keeping rhythm)
- Chant/Cheer (voice, expression, confidence, knowledge of words and movements)
- Facial Expressions/Performance (how you dance through mistakes, confidence, facials)
- Motions (knowledge on positions, sharp and precise movements, clean)
- Voice (loud, clear, confident)
- Professionalism/Appearance (hair up, correct attire, respect, sportsmanship, attending all practices, being on time etc)
- Dress attire and presentations of self
Tumbling is NOT required to make the team nor will you have to tumble at tryouts.
Reconditioning Attire (July 26th - 29th)
- Athletic or cheer shoes
- Athletic shorts or pants
- T-shirt or tank top
- Hair pulled back
- No jewlery
- Water (bring LOTS)
- Face mask (before practice, while stretching)
*All clothes must meet PJHS school dresscode
*Do NOT wear any form of clothing that shows affiliation with any cheer squad at any time during the week.
Mandatory Judged Tryout Attire (July 30th):
- Athletic or Cheer Shoes
- Black shorts (must be school appropriate for length)
- Plain white or grey tshirt or tank top - no logos/labels/affiliations (must be school appropriate and meets dresscode)
- No Jewelry
- Hair in a ponytail, no hair in face.
- Bring water!!! (LOTS)
- Face mask (When unable to social distance)
Please do not wear any type of uniform that might show affiliation with another team, school, club, or any other organization. You will be asked to change.