NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2019-2020 SCHOOL YEAR. APPLY BEOFRE MAY 3RD. YOU WILL BE NOTIFIED BY MAY 10th OF YOUR STATUS
Thank you for your interest in applying to be a part of the 2019-2020 Link Crew. This is a mentorship program designed to ease the transition from middle school into high school for our freshmen and to help maximize their experience at BHS. Link Leaders will also be a part of improving the culture and spirit of our school for everyone on campus. As a part of Link Crew you will have an opportunity to impact the lives of your fellow students and develop your own leadership skills.
What is a Link Leader?
Link Leaders are trained to work with the incoming freshman class as mentors. You will be instrumental in their orientation process during a freshman orientation day by leading them in team building activities and guiding them through the ins and outs of our campus. You and a partner will be assigned to a group of freshmen that you will work with at orientation, building a bond with that group so that they will have a couple of familiar faces to turn to during that first week of school in case they have any questions. You will then check in with your small group throughout the year via Link Crew activities and general communication for continued support and encouragement in understanding how to get the most out of high school both academically and socially.
Who would make a good Link Leader?
We are looking for students who will be entering their Junior or Senior year. Link Leaders should be representative of the entire student body and share an enthusiasm for their school and their classmates. We are looking for kind, compassionate, energetic students who are willing to put themselves out there and befriend underclassmen to make our school a better place.
The following dates are MANDATORY for involvement in the program. Check with your family to make sure that you can attend EVERY event listed below BEFORE you submit your application.
- May Development Day: Tuesday, May 21st, 2019, 2:30 pm – 4:30 pm
- Link Leader training: Monday July 15th 2019, from 7:30 am – 12:30 pm
- Freshman Orientation: Friday, July 19th, 2019, 7:00 am – 12:30 pm
- First day of school: Tuesday, July 23rd, 2019, wear your Link Leader shirt and help freshmen with directions and questions
- Attend 3 Link Crew events of your choice: Date to be announced; Committees will decide on events at the beginning of the year and then you sign-up based on your schedule!
- Conference meetings/events to be announced – commitment and activities will vary based on determined activities and committee decisions. You are required to attend 80% of conference meetings in order to remain in good standing.
Application Process: Apply to be a Link Leader on-line. Visit the school website Link Crew page for a direct link, or go directly to https://forms.gle/v5SnPAKwfKgabQmN8
The deadline for applications is 11:59pm. on Friday, May 3rd. Late entries will not be accepted.You will be notified about your acceptance into Link Crew by Friday, May 10th by 4 p.m.
If you have any questions, please come ask! Visit any of your Link Crew Teachers:
Ms. Reynolds (F218) or Ms. Stetka (H112)