With less than a month to go until in-person classes begin here at Basha, please read and familiarize yourself with the “Basha High School Return to School Game Plan” so that you will understand the expectations and responsibilities for the safety and wellbeing of all Students and Staff once our campus is open.
We are looking forward to seeing you all again in person October 13th!
Site Council Meeting
Wednesday, September 30th at 6:00pm
Parking Pass Information
We will begin selling parking passes on Tuesday, September 29! Please see "parking permit information" under quick links above for more information. The fee will be $60 for the school year.
Basha will NOT SAT test in September or October.
The November test date is still on the books.
CURBSIDE MEAL SERVICE
Free meals for children 18 & younger.
Mondays and Thursdays
from 4pm -6pm.
After a comprehensive review of options to reopen schools in-person, the Chandler Unified School District Governing Board voted to welcome Secondary students (7 – 12) back to campus fully in-person on October 13, 2020.
The health pandemic is a complex issue. In recent weeks, there have been two noteworthy changes in the data that led the Governing Board to revisit in-person instruction. First, the numbers of cases in Arizona and the City of Chandler have significantly decreased over the last several weeks. Secondly, the Maricopa County Health Department benchmarks for Chandler Unified School District have steadily improved. The reopening plan approved by the Governing Board is contingent upon the benchmarks remaining stable or improving. Safety and mitigation practices will be a priority including, but not limited to, the requirement for staff and students to wear face coverings when on campus. Schools will be providing further information over the next week.
We look forward to seeing you all again soon.
Thank you for your input, your patience and your continued support. Please refer to the district website for more information.
PSAT/NMSQT registration for the 2020/21 school year is now open! The PSAT at Basha High School will be given on Thursday, October 29th. The Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test is a great tool for students considering college. The PSAT/NMSQT measures critical reading skills, math problem solving skills and writing skills. Basha High School recommends that students take the PSAT/NMSQT in order to receive feedback about strengths and weaknesses, enter the competition for National Merit Scholar scholarships (11th graders) and to help prepare for the SAT.
For the 2020 PSAT/NMSQT, students at Basha High School will be registering online.This registration will take a few minutes and can be completed from any computer with internet access. Online Exam registration is now open and will end on Wed, Sept 30th at 11:59 PM.
Register by clicking https://user.totalregistration.net/PSAT/30037
Because of the school closure do to COVID 19, we have extended the deadline for senior pictures until October 30th. In addition, we have arranged for Lou Coopey/AllPro to take senior pictures on campus on Wednesday, October 14th in the auditorium during all lunches.
There is no appointment needed for this.
In the interest of COVID-19 safety, the studio will not provide the usual loaner jackets, ties, shirts and drapes. Seniors will be required to come wearing the school-proscribed dress, head to toe, for senior portraits.
You can still book an appointment at the Lou Coopey studio by going to www.loucoopey.com, then click on book an appointment.
If you need help, then please call AllPro/Lou Coopey at 480-830-5667.
The deadline for senior portraits is Friday, October 30th. If you do not get your picture taken by Lou Coopey Photography by Friday, October 30thth, then your picture will NOT be in the 2021 yearbook.
Below is information from Lou Coopey about booking an appointment at the studio.
Lou Coopey Photography
Class of 2021
COVID-19 Senior Portrait Plan
The plans for class of 20-21 senior portraits is as follows:
· Social distancing, masks, and hand sanitizing will be required of all customers and staff. All procedures will be as contact-free as possible.
· Dressing rooms, rest rooms and seating areas will be closed to the public.
· Only registered seniors, six at a time, with appointments will be permitted to enter the studio. No one else may accompany them.
· In order to provide a safe, contact-free experience all studio services beyond the sitting: scheduling, ordering and paying fees will be conducted online.
· A $40 deposit will be collected at the time of scheduling an appointment at the studio. This, along with a $10 complimentary coupon will be applied to each account, giving each senior a $50 credit toward the purchase of portraits and services. After 30 days the $10 complimentary credit expires and the $40 remains on account and can be used for any senior portrait purchase .
· Senior sessions will include 9 to 14 poses on a variety of backgrounds.
· In the interest of COVID-19 safety, the studio will not provide the usual loaner jackets, ties, shirts and drapes. Seniors will be required to come wearing the school-proscribed dress, head to toe, for senior portraits.
· All post-sitting contact will be done online, including: choosing the yearbook pose, ordering and payment. Each senior will receive an online access code and their $50 gift card via email.
Thank you for your patience during these uncertain times.
Basha High School Yearbook Staff
4:00 PM - 6:00 PM Badminton at Shadow Ridge
4:00 PM - 6:00 PM Badminton at Mountain Pointe
4:00 PM - 8:00 PM Girls Volleyball HOME vs Hamilton
4:00 PM - 6:00 PM Badminton HOME vs Chandler
4:00 PM - 8:00 PM Girls Volleyball at Chandler
6:00 PM - 9:00 PM Freshmen/Sophomore Football at Shadow Ridge
6:00 PM - 7:00 PM Site Council Meeting - F100
4:00 PM - 6:00 PM Badminton HOME vs Pinnacle
4:00 PM - 8:00 PM Girls Volleyball at Pinnacle
4:00 PM - 7:00 PM Swim & Dive at Hamilton
6:00 PM - 9:00 PM JV Football HOME vs Shadow Ridge
7:00 PM - 10:00 PM Varsity Football at Shadow Ridge