Interested in the Cyber Security Program?
Below are materials to aid in your investigation of our program:
- 8th Grader looking into the Cyber program - Watch This! (12/7/2020)
- Need help explaining Cyber to your student? Check out our user-friendly informational video!
- Cyber Program Information Night Video Link (February 11, 2021)
- BHS Cyber Program Info Night Presentation (from February 11, 2021)
- Sample Cyber Class Schedule (updated 8/25/2020)
- Registration Process 2020 (updated 8/4/2020)
- Change the Face of Computer Science - why it's important that everyone consider Computer Science or Cybersecurity
- Why are industry certifications so important? Use this link to read the data on CompTIA certifications. Our program prepares students for the following CompTIA exams.
- A+ / ITF+
- PCap (Python test)
You may also contact: Janet Hartkopf, Cyber Program Director at: Janet Hartkopf's Email (hover over link to see actual address)
A Note to Industry
BHS Institute of Cyber Operations and Networking is a four-year, dual-enrollment pathway for high school students. We are focused on preparing our students for multiple pathway options, including direct employment, Associate's Degree and Bachelor's Degrees. To meet the increasing need and develop BHS ICON as a source of cyber talent, we rely on industry partnerships. We believe our students need knowledge, skills and abilities to adequately be prepared to join our cyber force in the state and nationally.
Depending on the size and scale of your organization, partnership can take many forms, including:
- CyberPatriot volunteer/mentor
- Job Shadowing
- Program sponsorship
- Project-based learning for Year Four students
If you are interested in partnering with us, please contact Janet Hartkopf. Than k you for your consideration!
Congratulations to Sam Alexander for receiving our first program award for participating in CyberStart America!