I hold my students to high expectations. The following guidelines will help you achieve success in my class.
- Be respectful of yourself, your classmates, your teacher and property.
- Golden Rule: Treat others as you would like to be treated
- Always give 100% to your work.
- Do your OWN work
- Do listen and follow directions the 1st time they are given
- Do leave food, drink, cell phone, iPods/mp3 players in your backpack.
- Water is allowed
- Profanity will not be tolerated
***ALL school rules and consequences in the student handbook will be enforced***
You must be inside the classroom walls when the bell rings or you will be marked tardy. The following are the consequences for the first three tardies.
- The first three tardies will result in a lunch detention the following day
- On the 3rd tardy your parent or guardian will be contacted
- 4th Tardy (including any thereafter) - Written referral
- It is the student’s responsibility to obtain any missed work and notes. In case of an absence, check the Missed Class crate or with a classmate to see what notes/assignments were missed. Warm Ups are expected to be made up.
- Any work due or assigned on a day in which an unexcused absence occurs will result in zero credit for that assignment.
- Please Note: if a long-term assignment has been assigned prior to the absence the due date stands.
- Extensions may be granted on a case-by-case basis depending on the circumstances.
- After the 10th excused or unexcused absences, the student may be removed from the class (and consequently fail the class).
- Anything submitted after the start of class on the due date is considered late.
- Late work will be accepted for half credit.
- Late work will only be accepted up until the day of the unit test.
All consequences are at Mrs. Nall’s discretion based on the severity of the offense.
- First- a conference with the student/ warning
- Second- contact with parent/guardians
- Third- referral to administration
Cell Phone ConsequenceThe first time a student is seen using a cell phone or electronic device in class when learning is expected to be occurring, that device will be confiscated until the end of the school day. The second time and every time after that a cell phone or electronic device is being used that device will be turned into the front office for parent pick up.If students feel they may be unable to resist the urge to look at their device they may utilize the electronic device holding area in the classroom, This will result in no consequences to the student.
All individuals have a right to an educational environment free from bias, prejudice and bigotry. As members of the Basha High School educational community, students are expected to refrain from participating in acts of harassment that are designed to demean another student’s race, gender, ethnicity, religious preference, disability or sexual orientation.
Parents can access their child’s grades and assignments by going to the school’s website (www.bashabears.com) and clicking on Parent Connect. Students’ information is only accessible by using an individualized password assigned by the school. Parents may contact office personnel/counselor for their child’s password. The district ID is GBBGMT.
Biology is a laboratory science class. Students must complete labs. If a lab is missed due to an excused absence, then the labs must be made up after school and on specified lab make up days. Due to lab materials, labs need to be made up in a timely manner.
Conference period will be on Wednesday and Thursday from 9:19 - 9:44. During this time students are only allowed out of the classroom if they have a teacher pass or club pass prior to the start of class. The library is not available during conference. Students should use this time to study or read. This time will be utilized as a mandatory study period. Students are expected to bring something to work on during this time. If a student does not have work to do, silent reading material will be provided.