Basha High School Class of 2024
Information for Graduating Seniors
May 23, 2024 @7:30PM
Desert Financial Arena @ASU
CAPS AND GOWNS
Caps and Gowns will be distributed May 1st at the Senior Assembly @9:00AM in the BHS Gymnasium. There will be a limited supply available for purchase that day. At that time, the cap/gown can be purchased for $50.00 and tassel for $15.00. Jostens will only accept CASH payment on May 1st.
If you are taking correspondence courses to meet graduation requirements, final grades must be posted with our registrar, Sandi Kornegay, by Friday, May 10, 2024.
Honor Cords will be handed out at the Senior Cap/Gown Assembly on May 1st. You must be present to pick them up. Only approved Honor Cords will be allowed.
Stoles will be taken care of by Ms. Morales. Please see Ms. Morales for all NHS information.
FINAL EXAM SCHEDULE
Senior exams will be given in regular classes on Thursday, May 16th and Friday, May 17th. Juniors graduating early will also follow this schedule. Juniors, please let your teachers know. If there are any concerns, please contact
Mr. Chandler as soon as possible.
If you are planning on attending a four-year University, Community College or vocational training program and the school requires final transcripts, you will use Parchment.com for your requests.
SENIOR CHECK OUT
Seniors will receive check out forms in their English classes during the week of May 8TH. Any outstanding debts (including Chandler Public Library, athletics, class fees, uniforms, lost books, etc.) must be paid in full to participate in the graduation ceremony. Check with the library and Bookstore now to see if you have any outstanding debts! Completed/Signed forms (with any receipts attached) need to be returned to the Bookstore no later than 3:30pm on May 17th.
The seating assignment information for graduation will be available May 8, 2024, in the main office and in senior Social Studies and English classes. If your name is not on the list, please contact Mrs. Good immediately.
Please check the list to determine your specifics:
- Row number – North or South
- Faculty members assigned to your row
Practice will be on Thursday, May 23rd at 6:45am on the Basha High School Val Vista practice fields. Students need to park in the student parking lot and walk to the practice field. Please plan to be on the field no later than 6:40am. Practice is mandatory. If you are not at graduation practice, you may not participate in the ceremony. Do not bring your cap and gown to practice. Graduates with names that have difficult pronunciation, please see the readers after practice.
The Graduation Ceremony will be Thursday, May 23 @7:30PM at Desert Financial Arena @ASU. Students are to report to the West entrance of the arena. Students not present by 6:30pm will not be able to participate. Following the graduation ceremony, all graduates will exit the arena and continue to the south lawn.
If you choose not to participate in the graduation ceremony, please notify Chris Taylor, Mrs. Good’s assistant, as soon as possible. Ms. Taylor can help you make arrangements to pick up your diploma after May 23rd. She can be contacted at 480-224-2129.
Appropriate dress for seniors at graduation
- Students should arrive at Desert Financial Arena on May 23rd by 6:30pm, CARRYING their gown.
- Students should not put their gown on until after they have been checked in with their line leaders.
- Students will NOT be allowed to carry any items with them (including food, drink or flowers) into the arena.
- Please leave all items with a family member before entering the arena. Staff members will be taking unauthorized items. Confiscated items will be available at BHS the following day.
- MALES should wear dress slacks, a collared shirt (tie not required, but recommended,) comfortable dress shoes and socks. No tennis shoes, flip flops or shorts will be allowed.
- FEMALES should wear a dress, or pants/skirt and blouse and comfortable dress shoes. No tennis shoes, flip flops or shorts will be allowed.
- Mortarboards (caps) should not be altered in any way nor should anything (other than the appropriate tassel) be attached to or written on it. Only BHS provided graduation apparel may be worn; no pins, flowers, etc. allowed.
- Any student who appears to be under the influence of a controlled substance will not be allowed to participate in the ceremony and will fall under the jurisdiction of Tempe Police.
ASU CLEAR BAG POLICY: Please go to the link below for more information regarding ASU’s policies.
A professional photographer from GradImages will be at the graduation ceremony to take a candid photograph of each graduating senior at the time the diploma is presented. A free proof of this photo will be mailed to your home. You may place orders and obtain answers to questions at www.gradimages.com. Since professional photographs will be available, arena staff members ensure that family members and guests remain in their seats, relaxed to enjoy the ceremony.