Here are some answers to common questions we receive at Bear Down Days.
Please call the office if you have additional questions. 480-224-2100
- Questions about class schedules should be directed to your student's counselor. Please email them directly with any questions regarding classes, credits, seminary, etc. You can see who your student's counselor is and find their email address on the "schedules" page.
- Bell schedule - The bell schedule has it's own page. You can print it and tuck it in your binder. The first 2 weeks of school will be traditional bell schedule (periods 1-6) and block days will begin the week of August 2.
- Lunch Schedules will be posted on our website and around campus on July 19th. Your lunch will be determined by your 4th period teacher and your 3rd hour teacher on "odd" block days.
- School supply lists - each class may have a different school supply need. Please bring just the basics on the first day of school. Teachers will communicate the supplies you will need to be successful in their class. You can also check the teacher's web page. Some teachers have supply lists posted already.
- Student ID Cards will be issued on picture day, July 27th during students' English classes. If you do not have an English class at Basha High, please go to the auditorium on your lunch break to have your picture taken and receive your school ID. Students are required to carry their ID with them at all times while they are on campus. IDs are also required to board the school bus. We recommend having students take a picture of their ID, so it is on their phone - and we all know they won't forget their phones in the morning.
- If your student will be driving and parking on campus daily, they will need to purchase a parking pass. Parking pass applications are on our website - no paper applications will be available. Security will check that cars have the required pass begining August 2. Parking passes are tags that hang from the rear view mirror, so if your student needs to take a different car for the day, please have them move their parking pass to the other car.
- If your student will be riding the bus to and from school, you should have received their bus route number and stop location and times in a letter over the summer. If you did not receive it, or have other bussing questions, please call the office at 480-224-2100. Your student will want to look for their route number on the black sign next to the bus door when boarding the bus after school. Once student IDs have been issued, all students must show the driver their ID to board the bus.
- If you will be dropping off and picking up your student from Basha High, please use the loop off of Riggs Road or the circle near the auditorium. The loop off Val Vita (through the staff parking lot) is for AMS drop off only. Please be aware if you choose to use the loop near the auditorium that day care parents also drop off there and will be parking and walking their children on campus.
- Lunch accounts - CUSD uses www.myschoolbucks.com for student lunch accounts. You can view your student's account balance and their purchase history, recent payments, and schedule automatic payments online or in the app. You may also send your student to school with cash or a check to be deposited into their lunch account. Our cafeteria also allows students to make card payments for a small fee as long as the name on the card and on their school ID are the same.
- CUSD Calendar! Please follow the link or check the CUSD website for the calendar for 2021-2022. CUSD 2021-2022 Calendar This will tell you when breaks and finals will take place. We encourage you to review the semester final exam schedules as you plan for upcoming vacations.
- Clubs - We encourage students to become involved in one or more of the clubs we have on campus. Have your student keep an eye out for our club fair, which will take place during lunches early in the school year. The club fair is an opportunity for students to see what clubs are available and ask questions of current members. If a student has an interest in starting a club that is not already offered, please have them see Ms. Taylor in the office. A list of last year's clubs can be found on our website.
- Senior Portraits - Please look for emails from our yearbook staff regarding Senior Portraits. Seniors should get their senior photos taken by Lou Coopey by September 17th in order to appear in the yearbook. Lou Coopey will be on campus on July 14th from 7:30-11am to take yearbook photos FOR SENIORS ONLY. No appointment is needed for that. In case you need it, Lou Coopey's All Pro phone number is 480-830-5667.
- LINK Day - LINK Day is an opportunity for Freshmen and students new to Basha to familiarize themselves with our campus and have some fun! LINK day will be on Tuesday, July 20 from 7:30-11am. If your student rides a bus, the buses will be running to take your students to LINK day and home when it's complete. Please wear tennis shoes and bring plenty of water.
- Library cards - We encourage all students to have a library card. Please visit the Chandler Public Library website for information on how to obtain one. Library card info