Got Character?The Santan Junior High Character Counts program teaches universally accepted values such as trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring and citizenship, and it motivates students to incorporate these values into their daily lives.Students are recognized for demonstrating outstanding character by earning a Character Counts note which includes a 'front of the lunch line' pass, individual team awards, and verbal praise.Students recognized for their character are entered into a drawing to win gift cards at the Student Assemblies at the end of each quarter.There are many ways in which we promote positive character traits at Santan Junior High:Santan teachers recognize students each semester for their outstanding character by nominating one boy and one girl from each of their Teams. The students and their parents are invited to a breakfast that is sponsored by the counselors. The teachers read a prepared statement about each child highlighting why they were selected.
- Counselor Classroom Lessons
- Modeling Good Character
- Recognizing Outstanding Character
- Monthly Lunch with Mrs. Kowalinski
- Semester Recognition Breakfast
SANTAN CHARACTER COUNTS:The second semester Character Counts breakfast was held on May 24th. Each team selected one boy and one girl based on the following character traits: Citizenship, Fairness and Trustworthiness.Congratulations to our Character Award Recipients!
- 7A Emme S. and Khaymin W.
- 7B Luke T. and Isela G.
- 7C Hannah J. and Jack S.
- 7D Rohan F. and Sophia M.
- CATS Joy X. and Vincent T.
- 8A Delaney "Blue" G. and Tyler Y.
- 8B Peyton G. and Garrett Y.
- 8C Christian A. and Aneesa B.
- 8D Elliana H. and Brendan C.
- 7th Dylan I. (7B)/ Natalie B.
- 8th Justin R. (CATS)/ Julia K.