National Junior Honor Society OverviewFor more information about Santan's chapter of NJHS, please contact Taylor Standifird or Emily Fortney. (firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com)The National Junior Honor Society is the leader among organizations and societies that promote appropriate recognition for students who reflect outstanding accomplishments in the areas of scholarship,character, leadership, and service.Scholarship:You will be invited to apply for NJHS based off of high academic achievement throughout your 7th grade year. You must maintain high grades if you join NJHS.Character:During your membership in NJHS, you are expected to follow all school rules and to act with high character, which includes all the pillars of character: respect, trustworthiness, responsibility, fairness, caring, and citizenship. You should not receive in behavior CARE infractions or any office referrals. Office referrals will result in immediate suspension from NJHS.Leadership:Acts of leadership can be small or large. We will work on developing your leadership skills during the year. What does being a leader mean to you?Service:
Please remember that a minimum of 20 hours are required order to fulfill your commitment to NJHS.10-School hours for Santan events + 10-Community service hourse = 20 hours totalSome ideas for service include...
1. Take a life saving class.
2. Ask a teacher to help before or after school.
3. Volunteer at a nursing home.
4. Run or walk in a charitable race.5. Volunteer at sporting events.6. Babysit for free.
7. Help a neighbor in need (cleaning, walking animals, etc)8. Tutor.9. Help at the school dances.10. Help at the quarterly sports banquets.
11. Make emergency kits for your home.
12. Collect money for a good cause.
13. Support the Fitness Works Fund raiser.14. Support the animal drive (time & donations)15. Help clean your local parks. Keep the community clean:)
16. Read aloud to younger students (kinder-buddies)
NOTE: Website section currently under construction.
Click to: Report a Problem | Email Us