Stueber, Erika ~ English 10
General Class Information
- Syllabus: Linked in Google Classroom
- Student Passwords: All student passwords are reset at the beginning of the school year. To log in to Google Suite for the FIRST time (i.e. Classroom, GSE email, etc.) students need to log in as follows:
username: s + ID# (ex. s123456)
password: s + ID# + ! (ex. s123456!)
Students should then set a NEW password of their choice. Once logged in, students can access the Google Suite, including: Classroom, Docs, Meet, Gmail, etc. using the waffle icon, as seen in the image to the right.
- Student Email: All students have access to Gmail (or the GSE email). GSE EMAIL FORMAT: email@example.com (ex. firstname.lastname@example.org). Students should check their email regularly, as all direct communication between teacher/student will be conducted through GSE email during virtual instruction.
- Google Classroom: Students should check GC for materials when absent.
- Tutoring: Available to students after school upon request with Ms. Stueber.
Students can also get assistance from a team of English teachers after school via English Dept. Tutoring (dates & locations TBD).
- Student Password Reset Instructions: Instructions on how to reset your password from home!
- Class Supplies: Students need a notebook, folder, pens/pencils/highlighters for our class. We'd also appreciate donations to our classroom! We're always in need of cleaning wipes, hand-sanitizer, and tissues! Check out our list on Amazon: Stueber Classroom Wish List.
Helpful Resources for Class Work
- THE MORE YOU KNOW: ELA EDITION: This all-in-one hub has links to tutorials, instructions, and more for all things READING & WRITING. Check out The More You Know slideshow here or in Google Classroom.
- Databases: Free databases for student use. Gather your research here!
- Notetaking Strategies: Use the Oxford Learning site for tips on How to Take Study Notes: 5 Effective Note Taking Methods.
- Formatting the essay: The Purdue Online Writing Lab (OWL) (AKA OWL @ Purdue) has everything you need to know about MLA formatting.
- Citations: The video Basics of Citing MLA guides you through in-text and parenthetical citations.
- Works Cited page: MLA Style Center can help you with formatting your Works Cited page.
- Works Cited page: EasyBib.com an online bibliography/works cited generator. (Be sure to select MLA 8.)
- Learning Strategies: Struggling with class material? Need to prepare for a test? Check out a list of Learning Strategies. All strategies are student-suggested!