SJHS CARE Room
The purpose of the CARE Room is for the student to reflect on their inappropriate behavior. The CARE room is designed as an alternative for students whose behavior or actions require removal from the regular classroom setting. The CARE Room should set an atmosphere of care and respect for the school. The Reflection Room is used when the teacher's classroom management plan has failed to produce the desired results with the student.
CARE Room Policies/Procedure:
- The teacher fills out the top of the CARE Reflection Room Contract indicating the student’s departing time, student’s offense, and whether or not they are permitted to return to class.
- The referring teacher calls or emails the CARE Room to let the monitor know a student is on their way.
- The student enters the room quietly and takes the seat by the assigned monitor.
- The student must reflect on the behavior requiring them to attend the Reflection Room. Contracts must be filled out by the student using correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation. The Reflection Room Advisor will check the contract for satisfactory completion before signing.
- Student will take their copy of the Reflection Contract with them to show to their teacher and then take it home for parent signature.
- The Reflection Room Contract must be returned to the CARE room monitor before school the following day. The consequence for not returning a contract is lunch detention until the signed contract is returned. If a student fails to return the contract within 3 days the CARE room monitor will send an email notifying the parent with a scanned copy of the CARE contract attached. The email will request parent acknowledgement and give instructions to contact the issuing teacher if they have any questions or concerns.