Final Exam Testing
Final Exam Requirements
Chandler Online Academy is committed to maintaining a high degree of academic integrity. One of the ways we are able to ensure integrity is by requiring every student to take an in-person proctored final exam. In order to complete each 0.5 credit online course, students schedule a day and time to attend a COA Testing Center where they will check in with photo identification and take the exam in the presence of their teacher, a school administrator, or another authorized test proctor. Final exam testing must be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance and is available during the days/hours listed on the table below at two locations in Chandler Unified School District: Chandler High School and Perry High School.
Steps to Schedule a Final Exam:
- All course work must be completed before the student schedules a to take the final exam for a class. Teachers will not grade any course assignment that is submitted after the first attempt of the final exam.
- Attendance for the course that the final exam is being scheduled for must be up to date before taking final exam or grade will not be posted to transcript.
- It is the student's responsibility to schedule and pass the final exam before the course end-date.
- After completing all assignments & assessments, students will find the "Final Exam Clearance" assignment in the last folder of the online class. The student must submit this assignment and receive a 100% before she/he will be able to schedule to take the final.
- The date and time the student can take the proctored final exam must then be selected using the page after the "Final Exam Clearance" assignment, the "Final Exam Scheduler".
- Finally, the student will receive confirmation and instructions with the day, time, and location she/he has been scheduled to take the final.
*** Final exams MUST be scheduled at least 1 business day in advance. ***
Students must pass the final exam with a 60% or higher or they will receive a 'F' on their transcript. Students who do not pass the final exam (score less than 60%) on the first attempt, will have an opportunity to re-take the exam with a new set of questions as long as it is re-taken prior to the course end-date. Final exams are aligned to course objectives and reflect material students are assessed on throughout the course and are rigorous. Students who consistently log in and study the material in each course a minimum of 10 hours a week, complete all coursework and submit it when it is due, and who study any concepts they struggled with on prior assessments within the course (unit exams, quizzes), should perform well on the final exam. It is recommended that students spend a minimum of 4 hours studying to prepare for the final exam. See the Chandler Online Academy Student Handbook for more information about this and other school policies.Testing Center Location & Contact Information
Perry High School
1919 E. Queen Creek Rd.
Gilbert, Arizona 85297
Mrs. Nguyen - Math (602) 888-6105
Ms. Kroeger - Social Studies (623) 295-9457
- SE corner of Queen Creek Rd. and Val Vista Dr.
- Enter the school parking lot from 156th Street.
- Park towards the north-side of Building C. Please do not park in the Gilbert Public Library parking lot.
- Enter campus through the gate between Buildings C & B(Library).
- Enter Building C by using the exterior stairwell up to the second floor. C-206 is the first door on the left.
- Call Mrs. Nguyen or Ms. Kroeger for assistance.
Chandler High School
350 N. Arizona Avenue
Chandler, Arizona 85225
Ms. Baum - Math (480)788-5805
Mrs. Armstrong - English (480)779-9073
- NW corner of Arizona Ave and Chandler Blvd.
- Park in the parking lot off Chandler Blvd.
- Walk along the back side of the South gym, turn right and go through the school gates
- Continue straight, past the exercise equipment outside on your left side
- Enter the door straight ahead to the 400 building
- Go directly up the stairs, turn right, continue past the restrooms, and turn left down the middle hallway.
- Classroom 415 is at the end of the hallway on the left.
Normal Testing Days & Times:
Monday - Friday
3:00 – 6:30
Latest time to start a final exam: 5:00
Fall Break Testing Days & Times:
Students are expected to submit assignments through break according to the established due dates if online class(es) continues over break.
- Final exam testing is available over both weeks of Fall Break at Perry High School.
- Lab hours week of October 1st:
Tuesday and Wednesday (10/2-10/3) 9:00am-1:30pm
- Lab hours week of October 8th:
Wednesday and Thursday (10/10-10/11) 9:00am-1:30pm
Use the Perry High final exam scheduler in your class to schedule a final during this time.