Final Exam Testing
Final Exam Requirements
Chandler Online Academy is committed to maintaining a high degree of academic integrity. One of the ways we are able to ensure integrity is by requiring every student to take a proctored final exam. In order to complete each 0.5 credit online course, students schedule a day and time to take the exam in the presence of their teacher, a school administrator, or another authorized test proctor. Final exam testing must be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance.
Steps to Schedule a Final Exam:
- All course work must be completed before the student schedules to take the final exam for a class. Teachers will not grade any course assignment that is submitted after the first attempt of the final exam.
- Attendance for the course that the final exam is being scheduled for must be up to date before taking final exam or grade will not be posted to transcript.
- It is the student's responsibility to schedule and pass the final exam before the course end-date.
- After completing all assignments & assessments, students will find the "Final Exam Clearance" assignment in the last folder of the online class. The student must submit this assignment and receive a 100% before she/he will be able to schedule to take the final. Students MUST have a 60% or better in the course and 3 or fewer zeroes to be eligible to take the final exam.
- The date and time the student can take the proctored final exam must then be selected using the page after the "Final Exam Clearance" assignment, the "Final Exam Scheduler".
- Finally, the student will receive confirmation and instructions with the day and time she/he has been scheduled to take the final.
*** Final exams MUST be scheduled at least 1 business day in advance. ***
Students must pass the final exam with a 60% or higher or they will receive a 'F' on their transcript. Students who do not pass the final exam (score less than 60%) on the first attempt, will have an opportunity to re-take the exam with a new set of questions as long as it is re-taken prior to the course end-date. Final exams are aligned to course objectives and reflect material students are assessed on throughout the course and are rigorous. Students who consistently log in and study the material in each course a minimum of 10 hours a week, complete all coursework and submit it when it is due, and who study any concepts they struggled with on prior assessments within the course (unit exams, quizzes), should perform well on the final exam. It is recommended that students spend a minimum of 4 hours studying to prepare for the final exam. See the Chandler Online Academy Student Handbook for more information about this and other school policies.
Final Exam Testing Information
Where and When?
(September 1- November 15th)
COA Lab- 1205 E. Frye Rd. Building B Chandler, AZ 85225
Students may schedule a test to begin 10:00am-2:00pm and the lab will close at 3:30pm
(starting November 15, 2021)
Students may schedule a test to begin 2:30pm-5:00pm and the lab will close at 6:30pm
ACP High School- 4477 S. Gilbert Rd. Chandler, AZ 85249
Casteel High School- 24901 S. Power Rd. Queen Creek, AZ 85142
Chandler High School- 350 N. Arizona Ave. Chandler, AZ 85225
Hamilton High School- 3700 S. Arizona Avenue, Chandler, AZ 85248
COA Lab- 1205 E. Frye Rd. Building B Chandler, AZ 85225 (note for COA lab: students may schedule a test to begin 8:00am-2:30pm and the lab will close at 4:00pm)
Labs will not be open for Fall Break or Spring Break Testing