Chandler Online Academy Late Work Policy
- Late work submission will be deducted as follows:
- 1 – 5 days = 10% deduction
- 6 – 10 days = 20% deduction
- 11 – 15 days = 30% deduction
- >15 days = permanent zero - no credit
Students must have 4 or fewer permanent zeroes in their course to take the final exam. A permanent zero means a student can no longer complete the assignment. Students who do not take and pass their final exam will receive a failing grade in that course.
- Late work policy will be posted on the Chandler Online Academy website and included in the student handbook and the orientation course
- Teachers will include late work policy on their introduction pages, as well as on class correspondence throughout the course.
- Teachers will email student/parents to inform them of the grade ramifications and encourage the student to submit all assignments as quickly as possible.
- After teacher communication and continued inactivity, teachers will communicate the situation to administration and administration will contact parent to inform parent of grade ramifications and/or likelihood of student success in the class.