Dual Enrollment with CGCC
For students taking French 3, you may dual enroll with Chandler-Gilbert Community College to receive college credit for your course work. Each year counts as 8 college credits. The courses offered are as follows:
Perry High CGCC Course Name Class # Prerequisites
Honors/AP French 3 FRE 101/FRE 102 Elem. French I/II 44553 None
You need a "C" or better to enroll in FRE 201/202 (French 4)
- Allows you to complete college credits that apply toward meeting your general education and foreign language requirements in college
- Alleviates need to complete foreign language once in college allowing more focus on area of study.
- Minimizes the drop in GPA that is experienced by most community college students when they transfer to the university.
- Provides a cost effective jump-start on a college education, allowing students to earn a 4-year degree in 3 to 4 years.
- Allows for college credits transfer, instead of the transferability being dependent on an advanced placement (AP) test score.
If you have questions about how dual enrollment transfers to your preferred institution, you can review the following link with the AZ Course Equivalency Guide
The following links will assist you in exploring your options with Dual Enrollment. It is my hope that you take advantage of this great opportunity: