AP French Language & Culture/ AP French Literature
AP French Language course is an advanced language course in which students acquire proficiencies that expand their cognitive, analytical and communicative skills. The AP French prepares the student for the AP French exam. It uses as its foundation the three modes of communication (Interpersonal, Interpretive and Presentational) as defined in the Standards for Foreign Language Learning in the 21st Century.
The course is designed as an immersion experience requiring the use of French exclusively. As such, the instructor will only use French to communicate with students. In addition, all the reading, listening, speaking, and writing uses authentic French material. That is to say, that all materials were made by French people, for French people.
The course is based on the six themes required by the College Board, namely:1. Global challenges2. Science and technology3. Contemporary life4. Personal and public identities5. Families and communities6. Beauty and aesthetics
The course teaches language structures in context and focuses on the development of fluency to convey meaning. Students explore culture in both contemporary and historical contexts to develop an awareness and appreciation of cultural products, practices, and perspectives.Course Objectives
- Listen, read, understand, and interpret a wide-variety of authentic French-language materials and sources.
- Demonstrate proficiency in interpersonal, interpretive, and presentational communication using French.
- Gain knowledge and understanding of the cultures of the Francophone world.
- Use French to connect with other disciplines and expand knowledge in a wide- variety of contexts.
- Develop insight into the nature of the French language and its culture.
- Use French to participate in communities at home and around the world.
The AP French course is a college level course. The intensity, quality, and amount of materials can be compared to a third-year college course. The AP Exam can be considered to be equivalent to a college French 301 Final Exam.You may take Dual Enrollment AND AP French together!For more information, please review the AP French Language and Culture Course and Exam DescriptionYou can earn up to 16 hours of credit at top Universities!
Click to Report a Website Problem | Email the Teacher