Full-Time Online StudentsArizona elementary and secondary students can apply for enrollment with Chandler Online Academy. Students are supported by CUSD highly qualified teachers through the online classroom, email, and phone contact. Full-time secondary students have access to Honors and AP level online courses. See our Course Catalog for a full listing of available courses.Tuition InformationThere is no cost for Arizona residents to enroll in Chandler Online Academy as a full-time student.Course LengthFull-time students at Chandler Online Academy complete courses each semester as follows:
Attendance & ProgressWhile students enrolled in Chandler Online Academy have a great deal of flexibility around when they can log in to class, they must adhere to weekly attendance and progress requirements to continue to have the option to complete coursework from anywhere, to maintain enrollment in our school, and to earn credits toward graduation.Requirements (Important, Read Carefully)Attendance: Full-time students are expected to work on classes a minimum of 25 hours each week. Attendance is reported through the student portal no later than 9:30 p.m. every Sunday. Reporting attendance each week is a requirement to maintain enrollment in Chandler Online Academy as a full-time student. To submit attendance and find more information about attendance requirements, click here: Attendance. The course session begins when enrollment is complete and the student and parent have received the Welcome Email.Progress: All assignments/assessments should be submitted on or before the day they are due. If a student misses a due date, he/she can submit the assignment/assessment, but the COA Late Work Policy will apply.REWARDS of Meeting Attendance and Progress Requirements
- Six 18-week half credit courses at a time
- Seniors must be enrolled in at least four 18-week half credit courses at a time
CONSEQUENCES of Not Meeting Attendance and Progress Requirements (Read VERY Carefully!)Students who do not spend adequate time (at least 25 hours/week) working their online coursework will be contacted by COA attendance staff. Students will not be allowed to take the course final exam if they have more than 4 zeroes or a grade lower than a 60%.Parent/Guardian Involvement & Attendance ResponsibilityWhen a student commits to taking online courses with Chandler Online Academy, his/her parent/guardian is also committing to:
Accelerated PaceStudents can choose to work at an accelerated pace, with the option to finish a class in as little as 6 weeks. Students should expect to work 10 or more hours on each class each week in order to complete all assignments/assessments.
- Monitoring your student's progress in her/his online classes using your Parent Portal. Parents can view grades through the infinite campus parent portal. Course progress and current course grades can be monitored through a BUZZ parent observer account. The first time your student enrolls in a COA course, you should receive an email (to the email on file in Inifnite Campus) with instructions on how to access your BUZZ observer account.
- Supporting and providing guidance to the student in managing his/her time
- Monitoring Student Reporting of weekly attendance
Final ExamsAll students taking an online class from Chandler Online Academy are required to take the final exam under the supervision of a test administrator. It is the student's responsibility to schedule to take the final exam before the end-date of his/her class. Final exams must be completed and passed before the Target End Date for each online class.Steps to schedule a final exam:
- When a student has completed all assignments & assessments due in the class, she/he will submit the "Final Exam Clearance" assignment.
- The online teacher will check to be sure the student has completed the assignments and has an overall passing grade in the class.
- If the student has met these requirements to be eligible to schedule to take the final, the teacher will grade the "Final Exam Clearance" assignment with a 100% score.
- A 100% on the "Final Exam Clearance" assignment will give the student access to the next page in the online class, the "Final Exam Scheduler." On the "Final Exam Scheduler," the student will click the link to open the form where she/he will select a date and time to to take the final exam.
- The student will be scheduled according to his/her requested day and time. A Confirmation Email with the date and time for when the student will take the final exam will be sent by email to the student.
*The course start-dates will be sent to the student in the Welcome Email. The course start-date is also available in each student's e-Learning Classroom.Refer to Chandler Online Academy's Student Handbook for more information about school policies.District School Board Policies: http://www.boarddocs.com/az/chandler/Board.nsfDistrict Policy on Sexual Harassment Involving Students: https://www.cusd80.com/ACABpolicy
- Withdrawal/Schedule Change Policies
- Up to 10 days after the course start-date:* Students may withdraw with no penalty/transcript reporting. Students may also request to change their schedule. Please note that schedule change requests must be sent to your Chandler Online Academy counselor and must be approved by the counselor. Schedule changes will only be made for approved reasons such as enrollment in the wrong course.
- 11-20 days after the course start-date:* Students who withdraw will receive a grade of W for all courses. There are no schedule changes permitted more than 10 days after the course start-date.
- 21 or more days after the course start-date:* Students who withdraw or fail to complete the course will receive a final grade of F on their official transcripts.
- Involuntary Withdrawal: Students who fail to meet Attendance/Progress Requirements, who fail to log-in for 10 consecutive days, or who engage in behavior that contradicts Chandler Online Academy's Student Code of Conduct, will be withdrawn and receive an F in all course