About Mrs. Melanie Klauer...
Position: English 12 & Honors English 10
Team/Department: English Department
Welcome to ACPHS!
I am excited to be teaching both ENG 12 and Honors ENG 10 this year! I am looking forward to getting to know each of you as the year progresses. ACPHS is a blended leaning school, as so you are expected to keep up with Infinite Campus and Google Classroom.
Welcome to the Home of the Knights!
My Education and Professional Background
This will be my 26th year in the classroom. I have taught in both the public and private sector in TX, FL, and AZ.
Schools where I have taught:
- ACPHS (CUSD)
- Chandler Online Academy (CUSD)
- Bogle Junior High (CUSD)
- Ponce de Leon Middle School (Miami, FL)
- The Oakridge School (Arlington, TX)
- All Saints Catholic School (Ft. Worth, TX)
- Taught grades 5-12.
- Married with one son, Caden, who is studying psychology at NAU in Flagstaff.
- Originally from PA, but I have also lived in FL and TX before arriving in AZ in 2002.
My Educational Philosophy
My educational philosophy is based on the understanding that policies/procedures are important, but taking scenarios and situations on a case-by-case basis is necessary in our ever-changing educational world.
The best advice I was ever given was to treat my students, not as I treat my own son, but as I would want my own son to be treated.