ARIZONA COLLEGE PREPARATORY HIGH SCHOOL - GRADES 9-12
2021-2022 Arizona College Prep Enrollment Process
Arizona College Preparatory (ACP) is a community-oriented campus with comprehensive course offerings for all students. ACP consists of two campuses and offers enrollment to students in grades 6-12, ACP High School (currently ACP-Erie) enrolling students in grades 9-12 and with ACP Junior High (currently ACP-Oakland) enrolling students in grades 6-8.
NEW! There are some exciting changes taking place next school year!
- ACP High School (currently ACP-Erie) will be moving into a brand new facility located at 22615 S. Gilbert Rd. Chandler, AZ 85249 (near the southeast corner of Gilbert & Ocotillo Roads) including a NEW 2 mile boundary!
We have adapted our enrollment process to ensure that we continue to provide equal opportunities to all families who wish to attend ACP. Please read this document in its entirety, to obtain a thorough understanding of the enrollment process. We look forward to working with you.
Step 1: Submit a CUSD Open Enrollment Application
Open Enrollment forms will be available via the CUSD website after December 18, 2020.
Families may submit the Open Enrollment form beginning at 7:30 AM on Monday, January 11, 2021.
- First and foremost, Open Enrollment forms may be submitted via email this year!
- In effort to preserve the health of our community and employees, open enrollment may be submitted via email to: email@example.com. (Click HERE to go directly to the Open Enrollment form)
- If you prefer you may turn in a paper Open Enrollment application to any CUSD secondary school, (junior high or high school), or the District Office.
- Open Enrollment forms will be date & time stamped and considered based on the date/time stamp within each priority level.
- Faxed Open Enrollment forms will not be accepted.
Students not currently attending CUSD: All applications must have grade, attendance and behavior reports either uploaded to the online application platform or you may drop them off to the school within 5 business days of submittal, or the application will be cancelled and considered incomplete. If student has an IEP, a complete copy of their current IEP must also be submitted.
- Reasons a student would receive a decline letter includes issues with grades, attendance, and/or discipline.
Enrollment Changes - New for 2021-2022
- Starting in the 2021-2022 school year, ACP High School will have a 2 square mile boundary. If you reside outside of the established ACP High School boundaries, you must submit an open enrollment application in order to attend the new ACP High School.
Step 2: Placement Test
NEW FOR THE 2021-2022 SCHOOL YEAR
- Optional ACP High School Placement Testing – Please look for communication from ACP High School concerning the optional placement test.
Step 3: Registration
- NEW Information COMING SOON
Important Notes (Please Read)
- Elementary schools are unable to accept open enrollment forms for secondary schools. If you submit an Open Enrollment form to an elementary school, your original date and time stamp will become void and the document will be issued a new date and time stamp when it is received by ACP. Please ensure you are not submitting your open enrollment application to a CUSD elementary school.
- Open Enrollment is based on the date & timestamp of your open enrollment form within your priority level. For a listing of CUSD priority levels please visit: CUSD80.com/secondaryopenenrollment and scroll to the bottom of the page. Choose the 2021-2022 open enrollment procedures link to find the criteria for priority levels.
- Please ensure the parent/guardian emails listed on the ACP Interest Form are correct.
- Sibling priority only occurs when siblings will be attending the same ACP campus, concurrently.
- Providing false information on the Open Enrollment or submitting multiple Open Enrollment Applications will result in the open enrollment being denied or admission being revoked. (per CUSD Open Enrollment application)
- (IMPORTANT!) If your student currently attends a school that is NOT part of the Chandler Unified School District, you must also provide the following documents when submitting your Open Enrollment Form: (Items 1-3 are required)
- Current grade report(i.e. 7th grade applicants should provide their 6th grade report card that was provided at the end of the first semester in December)
- Attendance report(for the first semester of the current school year, i.e. 2020-2021)
- Discipline reportor if your student has no discipline on file, please submit a letter from school administration (on school letterhead) indicating no discipline infractions have occurred (for the entire time they have attended their school, i.e. K-6th grade). The letter must be signed by an employee of the school office and dated. Teacher comments and/or behavior sheets and/or attendance sheets from the parent portal will not be accepted. False information on discipline reports may result in your student’s open enrollment application being denied.
- Current IEP and/or 504*if your student currently has an IEP and/or a 504, you must print out your most recent IEP and/or 504 and submit it with your open enrollment application.
Please direct any questions to the high school campus.
ACP High School (currently ACP-Erie) – 480 424-8000
THANK YOU FOR CONSIDERING ACP as your school of choice