About Ms. Harris...
Position: Drawing & Painting
My Education and Professional Background
- 2003-2015: Teacher, Nashville, TN
- 2016-Present: Teacher, CUSD, Chandler, AZ
- BS Art Education, Edinboro University
- MA Museum Studies, Johns Hopkins University
- MFA Painting (current), Savannah College of Art and Design
My Educational Philosophy
I want my students to learn and appreciate art and its histories. It is my conviction that art is a subject worth knowing. I want to challenge my students to become independent, objective thinkers. I want them to be able to look at a piece of artwork and form their own opinions, critical analysis and interpretation. Through the process of exploration, students will experience the production, materials, and application of art making. It is my hope that students feel accomplished and proud of the art they create.