Please use Google Classroom for all lessons
image from verywellhealth.com
Please visit our team page located at www.hamiltonhuskies.com under the "Activities" tab for current team standings and competition information.Class calendars and assignments are located under the "Assignments, Calendars, and Handouts" tab on the left of the screen. Please click here for Class Policies and Expectations
The U.S. Academic Decathlon® is excited to announce that the overall curricular theme for 2019–2020 will be In Sickness and in Health: An Exploration of Illness and Wellness. Following is some general information on the topics in each of the subject areas.
- SCIENCE: The science topic will be an introduction to the biology of cancer.
- LITERATURE: The literature curriculum will include critical reading, one long work of literature, and selected shorter works. The long work of literature will be the 1818 version of Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein.
- ART: The art curriculum will include a section on art fundamentals and will largely focus on an exploration of illness and wellness in art.
- MUSIC: The music curriculum will introduce students to various musical works from across the centuries that will allow them to examine the role of mortality in Western art music.
- SOCIAL SCIENCE: The social science curriculum will introduce students to the history of healthcare.
- ECONOMICS: The economics curriculum will cover fundamental economic concepts, microeconomics, and macroeconomics and will also include a thematic section on health economics.
- MATHEMATICS: The mathematics curriculum will cover algebra and trigonometry.*
Additional Resources:United States Academic Decathlon www.usad.orgArizona Academic Decathlon www.azacadec.orgHamilton Academic Decathlon Facebook Group 17-18. (This is a closed group, so team members need to send an invite request.)
Jasmine Sun and Aris Zhu- Co Captains
Archana Ram - Treasurer
Nidhi Athreya- Secretary
Sophia Macko - Publicity and Historian
Head coach: Carla Turner firstname.lastname@example.org (480) 883-5167
Asst. Coach: Elizabeth Trotti email@example.com (480) 883-5104