DUAL ENROLLMENT DATES & DEADLINES FOR CHANDLER HS
Chandler Gilbert Community College (CGCC) partners with East Valley high schools to offer Dual Enrollment (DE) credit for academic and occupational classes. Dual Enrollment courses are held on the Chandler High School campus and are taught by our high school instructors who have met community college qualifications. Students earn college credits at the same time as they earn their high school credits. With Dual Enrollment credit offerings, we strive to ease the transition from high school to college, to increase the number of college-bound students in our community, and enable our students to earn community college credits while in high school. One of the ten Maricopa Community Colleges, Chandler-Gilbert Community College, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) and is a member of the North Central Association (NCA). Chandler Gilbert Community College Dual Enrollment.For High School Students, Dual Enrollment:
- Eliminates potential duplication of advanced/honors high school courses and introductory/survey college courses.
- Provides access to CGCC libraries, as well as remote library access for research databases.
- Allows students to complete credits that apply towards their general education requirements, letting them focus on courses within their major area of study when they enroll at a university.
- Provides a cost-effective head start on a college education, enabling students to earn a four-year degree in as little as three years.
- Allows students to know how their college credits will transfer (instead of the transferability being dependent on an advanced placement test score).
Check out The Course Equivalency Guide (CEG) on the AZ Transfer link. It shows how courses transfer from community college to ASU, NAU and U of A.
*Be aware that the transferability of a course does not indicate how the course will apply to meet requirements or specific bachelor's degrees.
Dual Enrollment Dates and Deadlines for 2023-2024Dual Enrollment:
Thank you for your interest in Chandler-Gilbert Community College Dual Enrollment Program. The benefit of Dual Enrollment is that students will not need to repeat the class/credit when in college. We have transfer partnerships with the instate universities that will make the transfer of classes easy. Dual Enrollment classes are a part of the Arizona General Education Curriculum (AGEC).
- Spring Dual Enrollment DEADLINE February 11, 2024
- Application Workshop Day
- Every Thursday during lunch time and/or after school in the career center
- For any questions students can email Ms.Yozzy at firstname.lastname@example.org
I have included the Chandler High School's class list for your reference. Class list for 2023-2024 (subject to change):
Chandler High School has opportunities to earn an Arizona General Education Curriculum (AGEC) through Dual Enrollment:
- AGEC A, B, S (Art, Business, Science)- https://drive.
google.com/file/d/1DYRXK- s83knKh8T63SQHRs2CNYM3T2BJ/ view
The in-county tuition rate is $97 per credit hour. There are additional charges for students classified as out-of-state. There also is a $15 registration fee once per semester for each community college through which the student does Dual Enrollment. (Tuition is subject to change.)
- Tuition and Fees: https://www.cgc.edu/
***Maricopa Tuition Assistance Grant available for students. Apply by August 31 for the Fall and Spring semesters. Students will need to be admitted to the college to access the application.
How to get started
As a first time student at Chandler-Gilbert students would need to apply for admission to the college first. I can assist with the enrollment process.
Apply online FREE application> FIRST TIME STUDENTS: https://www.cgc.edu/
Chandler-Gilbert Community College Dual Enrollment program: https://www.cgc.edu/admissions/high-school-students/dual-enrollment