Welcome to Chandler High School, “School of Champions.” I’m excited for my fifth year as Principal of Chandler High. I began my education career in Upstate New York and taught American History and Government, while also being active in high school athletics and student council. I received my Bachelors Degree in Education from the State University of New York College at Cortland and my Masters Degree in Educational Leadership from the New York State University at Albany. I moved to Arizona in 2004 to be closer to family and live in Gilbert with my two children, Eli 10 and Ava 6.
I can be reached by phone at 480-812-7700 or by email at Rother.Larry@cusd80.com
- 2018 CHS was rated as one of the nation’s “Most Challenging High Schools” by the Washington Post and one of America’s “Best High Schools” by U.S. New and World Report
- Niche.com ranks Chandler High School as #1 Most Diverse High School in Arizona and the #3 Comprehensive Public High School in the State.
- Class of 2018 was awarded over $24,000,000 in scholarships
- 208-19 International Baccalaureate enrollment is approximately four hundred students and sixty IB Diploma Seniors
- Since 2011, Chandler High School is home to Seventeen State Champion Teams, Girls Track (6), Boys Track (3), Football (3) Wrestling, Boys Soccer, Girls X-Country (2) and Co-ed Cheer
- Individual State Champions in Swimming, Boys Track, and Girls Track.
- 2018 CHS had 5 National Merit Scholarship Recipients
- 2018 CHS had State Champions in DECA “Business and Marketing” and FCCLA “Family, Career and Community Leaders of America”
- 2018 CHS The Treblemakers (choir) were crowned Barbershop Harmony Society Youth Chorus Festival Champions and Winter Guard took First Place in the state competition