Welcome to Chandler High School, “School of Champions.” I’m excited for my fifth year as Principal of Chandler High. I began my education career in Upstate New York and taught American History and Government, while also being active in high school athletics and student council. I received my Bachelors Degree in Education from the State University of New York College at Cortland and my Masters Degree in Educational Leadership from the New York State University at Albany. I moved to Arizona in 2004 to be closer to family and live in Gilbert with my two children, Eli 10 and Ava 6.
I can be reached by phone at 480-812-7700 or by email at Rother.Larry@cusd80.com
- 2017 CHS was rated as one of the nation’s “Most Challenging High Schools” by the Washington Post and one of America’s “Best High Schools” by U.S. New and World Report
- Class of 2017 was awarded over $24,000,000 in scholarships
- 2017-18 International Baccalaureate enrollment is approximately four hundred students and forty IB Diploma Seniors
- Since 2011, Chandler High School is home to THIRTEEN State Champion Teams, Girls Track (5), Boys Track (3), Football (2) Wrestling, Boys Soccer, Girls X-Country and Football
- Individual State Champions in Swimming, Boys Track, and Girls Track.
- 2016 Arizona State University Math T.E.A.M.S Champions
- 2017 CHS had 4 National Merit Scholarship Recipients
- 2017 CHS had State Champions in FFA “Future Farmers of America”, DECA “Business and Marketing” and FCCLA “Family, Career and Community Leaders of America”
- 2017 CHS Choir group, The Treblemakers were crowned International High School Champions by The Barbershop Harmony Society