2020-2021 Advanced Placement Exams FAQ
- Registration for AP Exams: The myap.collegeboard.org portal for AP registration opens on August 5th, 2020. Students will receive instructions from their AP teacher on how to enroll in each course.
- How much do AP exams cost and how do I pay for it? AP Exams cost $100 ($142 AP Capstone) per exam and nonrefundable. The fees can be paid through Infinite Campus Parent Portal. Payments will be live on Infinite Campus Parent Portal beginning July 31st, 2020.
- Deadline to register: October 30, 2020
- Deadline to request scholarship: November 15, 2020
- Deadline to pay: January 15, 2021
Scholarships are available for students that are taking AP Exams and IB exams or need any type of financial assistance. Please see our bookstore manager for more information.
- What date & time will the test be administered? The 2021 AP Exams will be administered over two weeks in May: May 3 through 7 and May 10 through 14.
- Where will the test be administered? At Chandler High School beginning each day at 7:30 am or 12:00 pm depending your course testing date/time.
- Who is eligible to take the AP exams? Chandler offers AP exams to any student enrolled in an AP course on campus.
- Why should my student take the AP Exams? According to the College Board:
“More than half of the schools that offer AP ask students to commit to taking the exam in the fall, boosting their chance of earning a score that translates to college credit. We’ve seen the benefits firsthand, our 2017-18 fall exam registration pilot included 100 schools and 40,000 students. At these schools, scores of 3 and above increased across student groups.”
We are hoping that you will help support your student in taking this test. Please know that taking the AP exam cannot negatively impact your student’s grade at Chandler in any way.
In addition, if your student does not want to report his/her score to post-secondary institutions, he/she will be able to indicate that in their College Board account. Students can also revisit their reporting options at a later date (i.e. if students do well, they can later decide to send their scores to their preferred college).
Students enrolled in AP courses that are also eligible for dual enrollment can take advantage of both opportunities. Please note that in most instances there is a difference in the type of credit earned for dual enrollment versus Advanced Placement. AP credits will yield subject-specific credits at 4-year colleges and universities. These credits will transfer to the majority of out-of-state colleges and universities. Dual-enrollment credits are often general studies credits that are honored by community colleges as well as Arizona state colleges and universities. These credits often do not transfer out-of-state.
Making a Payment on Infinite Campus Parent Portal
- Log in to the Infinite Campus Parent Portal: https://campus.cusd80.com/campus/portal/chandler.jsp
- Next, (located at the bottom, left) select “More”
- On the right side of the new page select “InTouch HS Fee Payment”
- Now, you should be able to select the student that has the AP course fee.
- You should see “Pay Fines & Fees” bar indicating you have a fee.
AP Scholarships are available! A mistake was made though, and there is no need to fulfill any requirements in order to get a scholarship. All you need to do is complete the form below and turn it in to Mrs. Clancy. Your teachers will have the form as well. Here is alink to download the form: AP Scholarship Assistance