2020-2021 Advanced Placement Exams FAQ
- Registration for AP Exams: The myap.collegeboard.org portal for AP registration opens on August 5th, 2020. Students will receive instructions from their AP teacher on how to enroll in each course.
- How much do AP exams cost and how do I pay for it? AP Exams cost $100 ($142 AP Capstone) per exam and nonrefundable. The fees can be paid through Infinite Campus Parent Portal.
Scholarships are available for students that are taking AP Exams and IB exams or need any type of financial assistance. Please see our bookstore manager for more information.
Please see the CUSD AP testing schedule for Spring of 2021. AP tests will be administered paper based at the home site in the first test administration window, May 3-May 17. If you are quarantined by the school before or during AP testing, please reach out to your AP Coordinator.
Please go into your Collegeboard account and verify your test selection(s) for the Spring of 2021.
Thank you and good luck to all of our AP students!
Why should my student take the AP Exams? According to the College Board:
“More than half of the schools that offer AP ask students to commit to taking the exam in the fall, boosting their chance of earning a score that translates to college credit. We’ve seen the benefits firsthand, our 2017-18 fall exam registration pilot included 100 schools and 40,000 students. At these schools, scores of 3 and above increased across student groups.”
We are hoping that you will help support your student in taking this test. Please know that taking the AP exam cannot negatively impact your student’s grade at Chandler in any way.
In addition, if your student does not want to report his/her score to post-secondary institutions, he/she will be able to indicate that in their College Board account. Students can also revisit their reporting options at a later date (i.e. if students do well, they can later decide to send their scores to their preferred college).
Students enrolled in AP courses that are also eligible for dual enrollment can take advantage of both opportunities. Please note that in most instances there is a difference in the type of credit earned for dual enrollment versus Advanced Placement. AP credits will yield subject-specific credits at 4-year colleges and universities. These credits will transfer to the majority of out-of-state colleges and universities. Dual-enrollment credits are often general studies credits that are honored by community colleges as well as Arizona state colleges and universities. These credits often do not transfer out-of-state.
Making a Payment on Infinite Campus Parent Portal
- Log in to the Infinite Campus Parent Portal: https://campus.cusd80.com/campus/portal/chandler.jsp
- Next, (located at the bottom, left) select “More”
- On the right side of the new page select “InTouch HS Fee Payment”
- Now, you should be able to select the student that has the AP course fee.
- You should see “Pay Fines & Fees” bar indicating you have a fee.