Welcome to the
Chandler High College and Career Center!
(picture pending)Geri Jaramillo, the College and Career Center Specialist, is always on hand to help with any questions. This is your place to find information on Scholarships, Volunteer Opportunities, Universities, Community Colleges, FAFSA, Career Exploration Programs, Summer opportunities, SAT, ACT, and so much more.Click here to email Geri Jaramillo or call 480-812-7746.
SCHOLARSHIPS- Please visit our College and Career Center page for more information regarding scholarships.
****Check out these scholarships below! Pick up applications in the College & Career Center!
1. Otto and Edna Neely Foundation Scholarship-For Seniors who want to obtain a college education or technical training. Each scholarship is in the amount of $3,000 per academic year and is for four consecutive years or until the student graduates. Student must be a citizen of the United States, be a resident of the State of Arizona, must have and maintain a GPA of 2.5 or better, must have financial need and must attend full time to an academic institution in the Fall of 2018 within the state of Arizona. CHS will nominate one senior for this scholarship. Applications, along with your letters of recommendation and financial information are due to Ms. Jaramillo by April 16, 2018 by 2:30 pm. Do not send in your application to the Otto and Edna Foundation. They must be delivered to Ms. Jaramillo.
College & Career Center Calendar-Pay attention to the calendar to take advantage of upcoming college visits. Please sign up for each visit in the notebook outside the College and Career Center.University of Alabama-Juniors-April 11 @ 10:00 amCRAS (Conservatory of Recording Arts & Sciences) - April 12 @ 11:00Toni & Guy - Juniors & Seniors - April 20, 11:00 amJuniors:
UPCOMING PROGRAMS & INFORMATION SESSIONS
FLINN SCHOLARS INFORMATION SESSIONS- Meet university honors and admissions staff, and learn from Flinn Scholars Program representatives about how to pursue this exceptional opportunity for Arizona's top high school students. Scholarship qualifications: 3.5 GPA, strong ACT/SAT scores, U.S. Citizen or lawful permanent resident, 2-years Arizona resident, & leadership in extracurricular activities. Sessions will be held in Flagstaff 3/29, Tucson 4/3, Glendale 4/9, Tempe 4/15, & Online 4/19. For session details & registration visit http://bit.ly/flinninfo19
Youth Leadership Day-May 4, 2018 Grand Canyon University
Sophomores:Upcoming Programs and Information SessionsFLINN Information Sessions - See above under "Juniors" for information.Youth Leadership Day - May 4, 2018 Grand Canyon University
- Pay attention to the Career Center Calendar so you can start your college exploration. Plan to attend at least two college presentations in the College and Career Center.
- Look for a fun and exciting Summer Program to attend before Senior Year.
- Look at the ACT Exam and SAT Exam test dates and decide which one or two that you will take this year. Chandler High School provides the ACT exam in April. Study for this exam during Spring Break!
- Remember to document your community service hours.
- This year is also the last year to improve grades that will impact College Entry and Scholarships.
Freshmen:FLINN Information Sessions: See above under "Juniors" for information.Youth Leadership Day- May 4, 2018 Grand Canyon University
- Visit colleges and universities while you are visiting family or on vacation. These colleges don't have to be your ideal school but they will help you picture yourself in college.
- Look for a fun and exciting Summer Program to attend before Junior Year.
- Take a look at the Volunteer Opportunities available to you as a high school student. Please keep a log of your hours and help yourself qualify for scholarships!
- Register on Scholarship Databases to begin applying for scholarships.
- Pick a Dream School for college. Look up the requirements for admission.
- Visit college campuses when you visit family or while you are on vacation.
- Look for a fun and exciting Summer Program to attend before Sophomore Year.
- Think ahead: Let your passions lead you!