Welcome to the
Chandler High College and Career Center!
(picture pending)Amanda Coffey, the College and Career Center Specialist, is always on hand to help with any questions. This is your place to find information on Scholarships, Volunteer Opportunities, Universities, Community Colleges, FAFSA, Career Exploration Programs, Summer opportunities, SATs, ACTs and so much more.Click here to email Amanda Coffey or call 480-812-7746.
- If you have not already looked, begin to look at colleges and universities that you are interested in attending.
- There is no time like the present to begin looking for scholarships!
- Pay attention to the College & Career Center calendar to take advantage of College visits.
- Make sure you have ALL of your Community Service or volunteer hours documented.
- Please let your guidance counselor know well in advance when you will be needing letters of recommendations. Begin working on your Brag Sheet as soon as possible.
- Take the PSAT in October. This is the year that it counts for scholarships.
- Pay attention to the Career Center Calendar so you can start your college exploration. Plan to attend at least two college presentations in the College and Career Center.
- Look for a fun and exciting Summer Program to attend before Senior Year.
- Look at the ACT Exam and SAT Exam test dates and decide which one or two that you will take this year. Chandler High School provides the ACT exam in April. Study for this exam during Spring Break!
- Remember to document your community service hours.
- This year is also the last to improve grades that will impact College Entry and Scholarships.
- Visit colleges and universities while you are visiting family or on vacation. These colleges don't have to be your ideal school but they will help you picture yourself in college.
- Take the PSAT in October. It is great practice for next year!
- Look for a fun and exciting Summer Program to attend before Junior Year.
- Take a look at the Volunteer Opportunities available to you as a high school student. Please keep a log of your hours and help yourself qualify for scholarships!
- Register on Scholarship Databases to begin applying for scholarships.
- Pick a Dream School for college. Look up the requirements for admission.
- Visit college campuses when you visit family or while you are on vacation.
- Look for a fun and exciting Summer Program to attend before Sophomore Year.
- Think ahead: Let your passions lead you!