• College Information 

    • If you are planning on attending a community college after graduation, please realize that you need to create an MEID number at my.maricopa.edu.
      • It takes a few minutes to start the community college registration process.  If you are planning on attending Chandler-Gilbert Community College, please follow this link http://www.cgc.maricopa.edu/Students/DisabilityServices/Pages/DRS-Admissions.aspx to complete the college registration and DRS registration.  These are separate registrations.
      • *You do not need ACT or SAT scores for community college admission but you do need to take the placement test at the college you will be attending.  The Accuplacer test is the test that the Maricopa County Community College gives to determine core class placement.  Please go to collegeboard.com for practice tests, helpful hints and more information regarding the Accuplacer.
      Article about getting into college with learning disabilities: http://www.thecollegesolution.com/getting-into-college-with-learning-disabilities/
      Maricopa Community College online services- DRS Connect:  This is the website where you (the student) will register to speak with the disability resources at your selected college.  You should complete the MEID registration process *and request to be re-evaluated by our school psychologist (for students with specific learning disabilities) before requesting to meet with disability resources.  DRS will contact you after you register with DRS Connect.
      Chandler Gilbert Community College Disability Resources link.  While in elementary and secondary school, students with documented disabilities receive services from their school.  This is mandated under the "Individuals with Disabilities Education Act" or I.D.E.A.  After a student with a documented disability has graduated from high school, they then are protected by the Americans with Disabilities Act and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act but no longer have an IEP. 
      Please realize that there are steps and procedures that any adult with a disability must be in compliance with before receiving any services at the college level.  Find out before you graduate from high school- ask your Case Manager or transition specialist!