Class of 2021
May 25, 2021 7:30PM Hamilton High School Jerry Loper Stadium
CAPS & GOWNS
Caps and Gowns will be distributed May 7th in the north gym starting at 8:00am. There will be a limited supply of tassels available for $10.00. Jostens will only accept CASH payment on May 7th. Cap & Gowns will be available to purchase for $52.00 (Cash only)
SENIOR AWARDS CEREMONY
The Senior Awards Ceremony will be on May 17th at 6:30pm held in the gymnasium.
National Honor Society tassels will be taken care of by Susan Rockwell, NHS Advisor. Please see her for all information.
Honor Cords/Hoods can be purchased in the bookstore. Hoods are $20 and cords for $10. Students will be notified by letter after May 12th if one of these items should be purchased, if they want.
FINAL EXAM SCHEDULE
Senior exams will be given in regular classes on Thursday, May 20th and Friday, May 21st.
SENIOR CHECK OUT
Seniors will receive check out forms in their English classes during the week of May 17th. Any oustanding fees (including athletics, class fees, uniforms, lost books, etc.) must be paid in full in order to participate in the graduation ceremony. Check with the library and Bookstore NOW to see if you have any outstanding fees! Completed/Signed forms (with any receipts attached) need to be returned to the Bookstore no later than Monday, May 24th.
The seating assignment information for graduation will be available May 20th down in South Hall by Gymnasium and in senior English classes. If your name is not on the list, please contact Mrs. Leddy in E200 immediately.
Please check the list to determine your specifics:
Row number – HOME SIDE or VISITOR SIDE
- Your assigned line-up location
Practice will be on Tuesday, May 25th at 6:15am on the Hamilton High School football field. PRACTICE is MANDATORY. If you are not at graduation practice,you may not participate in the ceremony. Do not bring your caps and gown to practice. A pronunciation link has been sent to all seniors. Please make sure you fill this out.GRADUATION CEREMONYThe Graduation Ceremony will be Tuesday, May 25th at 7:30pm at Hamilton High School. Students are to report to their assigned line-up location by 6:30PM. Students not present by 7:00PM will not be able to participate. Remember - parking will be extremely limited, so please if possible arrive in one vehicle per family if possible and plan ahead to give yourself extra time. Following the graduation ceremony, all graduates will continue the recessional to the south end of the football field. Spectators, please exit the stadium using the north gates. Spectators are not permitted on the football field. Please plan to meet your graduate outside the stadium.If you choose not to participate in the graduation ceremony, please notify Mrs. Leddy in E200, as soon as possible. Mrs. Leddy can help you make arrangements to pick up your diploma after May 25th. She can be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 480-883-5041.GRADUATION SEATINGAt this time, each graduate will be allowed six (6) guests. Wristbands will be distributed through their English class. If your student does not have an English class, wristbands will be distributed after graduation practice by the cafeteris. Wristbands will be required for entrance into the stadium.Appropriate Dress for Seniors at Graduation
- Students should arrive at Hamilton High School on May 25th by 6:30pm, CARRYING their gown.
- Students should not put their gown on until AFTER they have been checked in at their line-up location.
- Students will NOT be allowed to carry any items with them onto the football field.
- Please lease all with a family member before entering your line-up location. Staff members will be taking unauthorized items.
- MALES should wear dress slacks, a collared shirt (tie not required, but recommended)
- FEMALES should wear a dress, or pants/skirt and blouse and comfortable dress shoes (flats or wedges are recommended). No tennis shoes, flip flops or shorts will be allowed.
- Morterboards (caps) should not be altered in any way nor should anything (other than the appropriate tassel) be attached or written on it. Only Hamilton provided graduation apparel may be worn; no pins, flowers, etc. allowed.
- Any student who appears to be under the influence of a controlled substance will not be allowed to participate in the ceremony and fall under the jurisdiction of Chandler Police.
Hamilton High parking in extremely limited. Carpooling is highly encouraged. You may even consider using a service such as Uber or Lyft. Some additional parking will be available at the First Baptist Church, Chandler on Arizona Avenue across from Hamilton.
If you need wheelchair only seating, please call Mrs. Leddy at 480-883-5041. Handicapped Seating - only seating in the bleachers will be available.
SPECTATORS MAY BRING A SMALL CLEAR BAG:
The following items are prohibited at Hamilton High School stadium:
- Outside beverages/food except unopened clear water bottles.
- Water will be available for purchase.
- Glass or metal containers
- Beach balls
- Use of tobacco products, including e-cigarettes and smokeless cigarettes/tobacco on school campus.
- Backpacks, diaper bags and other similar bags will not be allowed (you may bring a clear bag)
- Large gofl unmbrellas
- Fireworks, drones or laser pointers
- Artificial noisemakers (Example: air horns, thunderstix, musical instruments, cans filled with contents, whistles, cow bells or any other items unser to make artifical noise)