Welcome to Hamilton AcDec!
4th Place NATIONALLY, Division 1
STATE CHAMPIONS 2019
Congratulations to our competition team who will be traveling to Minneapolis in April to represent Arizona at Nationals!
HAMILTON ACADEMIC DECATHLON INVITATIONAL 2018-19
Please visit our "Competition" page for recent comp results!***NEW***
2019-20 Curriculum Announcement
The U.S. Academic Decathlon® is excited to announce that the overall curricular theme for 2019–2020 will be In Sickness and in Health: An Exploration of Illness and Wellness. Following is some general information on the topics in each of the subject areas.
- SCIENCE: The science topic will be an introduction to the biology of cancer.
- LITERATURE: The literature curriculum will include critical reading, one long work of literature, and selected shorter works. The long work of literature will be the 1818 version of Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein.
- ART: The art curriculum will include a section on art fundamentals and will largely focus on an exploration of illness and wellness in art.
- MUSIC: The music curriculum will introduce students to various musical works from across the centuries that will allow them to examine the role of mortality in Western art music.
- SOCIAL SCIENCE: The social science curriculum will introduce students to the history of healthcare.
- ECONOMICS: The economics curriculum will cover fundamental economic concepts, microeconomics, and macroeconomics and will also include a thematic section on health economics.
- MATHEMATICS: The mathematics curriculum will cover algebra and trigonometry.*
Additional Resources:United States Academic Decathlon www.usad.orgArizona Academic Decathlon www.azacadec.orgHamilton Academic Decathlon Facebook Group: Hamilton Academic Decathlon 2017-2018 (This is a closed group, so team members need to send an invite request.)Meetings:The team meets every Thursday evening in Room E104 from 6-8pm.2019-20 Officers:Jasmine Sun and Aris Zhu- Co CaptainsArchana Ram - TreasurerNidhi Athreya - SecretarySophie Macko - HistorianCoaches:Carla Turner, Head Coach email@example.com 480-883-5167Elizabeth Trotti, Assistant Coach firstname.lastname@example.org 480-883-5104Thanks to all of our fabulous team members and parents. We look forward to a stellar year! Please contact Ms. Turner if you are interested in competing, or if you are a parent interested in volunteering to judge competitions, host study sessions, or assemble goody bags or provide snacks for the kids on competition days. Your support is greatly appreciated!