WELCOME TO HAMILTON ACADEMIC DECATHLON!
REGION CHAMPIONS 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
4th Place NATIONALLY, Division 1, 2019
STATE CHAMPIONS 2019
Congratulations to our competition team who will be traveling to Minneapolis in April to represent Arizona at Nationals!
Please visit our "Competition" page for recent comp results!***NEW***
2019-20 Curriculum Announcement
The U.S. Academic Decathlon® is excited to announce that the overall curricular theme for 2019–2020 will be In Sickness and in Health: An Exploration of Illness and Wellness. Following is some general information on the topics in each of the subject areas.
- SCIENCE: The science topic will be an introduction to the biology of cancer.
- LITERATURE: The literature curriculum will include critical reading, one long work of literature, and selected shorter works. The long work of literature will be the 1818 version of Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein.
- ART: The art curriculum will include a section on art fundamentals and will largely focus on an exploration of illness and wellness in art.
- MUSIC: The music curriculum will introduce students to various musical works from across the centuries that will allow them to examine the role of mortality in Western art music.
- SOCIAL SCIENCE: The social science curriculum will introduce students to the history of healthcare.
- ECONOMICS: The economics curriculum will cover fundamental economic concepts, microeconomics, and macroeconomics and will also include a thematic section on health economics.
- MATHEMATICS: The mathematics curriculum will cover algebra and trigonometry.*
Additional Resources:United States Academic Decathlon www.usad.orgArizona Academic Decathlon www.azacadec.orgHamilton Academic Decathlon Facebook Group: Hamilton Academic Decathlon 2017-2018 (This is a closed group, so team members need to send an invite request.)Meetings:The team meets every Thursday evening in Room E104 from 6-8pm.2019-20 Officers:Jasmine Sun and Aris Zhu- Co CaptainsArchana Ram - TreasurerNidhi Athreya - SecretarySophie Macko - HistorianCoaches:Carla Turner, Head Coach email@example.com 480-883-5167Elizabeth Trotti, Assistant Coach firstname.lastname@example.org 480-883-5104Thanks to all of our fabulous team members and parents. We look forward to a stellar year! Please contact Ms. Turner if you are interested in competing, or if you are a parent interested in volunteering to judge competitions, host study sessions, or assemble goody bags or provide snacks for the kids on competition days. Your support is greatly appreciated!