|Subject / Grade||English 9|
|"One child, one teacher, one book, one pen can change the world."|
|-- Malala Yousafzai|
Keep up to date with your child's grades by signing up for and viewing grades/assignments on Infinite Campus:
Welcome to Mrs. Severin's English 9 class website. I look forward to a great year with our newest Huskies!
My Education and Professional Background
B.A. in English Education from Illinois State University with middle school endorsements in English Language Arts and Social Studies.
My Educational Philosophy
I believe that it is my responsibility as an educator to provide students with a welcoming environment conducive to learning. I want to encourage life-long learning for my students and provide them with knowledge that will help them be successful in achieving their goals.
| Email the Teacher
WHAT SHOULD I DO BEFORE AUGUST 5TH?
- Start adjusting your sleeping schedule now. If you are staying up until 1am and 2am snapping at your friends, stop now! You need to get your body back on a healthy sleeping schedule.
- Make sure to install Infinite Campus on your devices (phone/tablet/computer). Infinite Campus is where you will locate your class schedule, grades, messages. If you cannot log in, then please change your password.
- On Tuesday (August 4th), log into Google Classroom to assure you see all classes listed on your schedule are on your Google Classroom homepage.
- WRITE DOWN ALL ACCOUNT PASSWORDS. Please! It is imperative you can log into your accounts.
- Read the syllabus; however, we will go over my expectations and class policies during the first week.
- Get excited! We are going to have fun! This quarter might be starting virtually, but it is not like what happened at the end of last school year. Grades count! Attendance is required! We need to be ready to go on August 5th
- Look at the Bell Schedule on my faculty page. You will start on August 5th following Block Day 1 Odd Schedule (Periods 1, 3, 5). On August 6th you follow Block Day 2 Even Schedule (Periods 2, 4, 6).
- Install Infinite Campus on your devices. Infinite Campus is how I will communicate with you. Please make sure the email address you look at is the one on your parent account. This website is public, so I cannot always post important class information here for privacy reasons.
- If you are new to CUSD this year, then you might need to create your parent portal. Please click on this link to access Infinite Campus information and/or create your Parent Portal - Infinite Campus
- Your student will use Google Classroom to access their classes. If you would like Google Classroom access to see if your student is completing work, then I can invite you to join. Not all parents want this access because it is just one more email. For parents with multiple students it can be overwhelming to receive so many updates. Keep in mind all official grade information and communication will come through Infinite Campus. Google Classroom access is simply another way you can help your student stay on track. If you would like access, then complete the form posted below.
- Reach out if you have questions or concerns. WE ARE IN THIS TOGETHER! I promise to help you and your student be successful.
Thank you!Carrie Severin
- Be Positive
- Be Flexible
- Be Patient