Chris FarabeeActing Principal480-883-5007Welcome to Hamilton! My name is Chris Farabee and I am the Assistant Principal for the 11th grade. This is my 14th year in charge of the Juniors at Hamilton and I supervise the AP/Honors Courses and Dual Credit programs and the concerns for the students in the 11th grade. I grew up in Tempe and I graduated with my bachelor's and master's degrees from ASU. GO DEVILS!
M.Ed. Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ., 1995, Secondary Education
B.A. Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ., 1989, Psychology
Member of A.S.U. Men’s Soccer Team
Principal Certificate – Arizona (Fall 2001)
Teacher Certificate – Secondary Education, Social Studies, Arizona (Spring 1996)
Assistant Principal, Hamilton High School, Chandler, AZ, 2004 – Present
· 11th Grade Assistant Principal
· Responsible for registration, discipline, scheduling, attendance, and academic tracking of 975 students in the junior class.
· Job duties include: AP Open House, AP/Honors Courses and Dual Credit Courses,· Developer of the The Academies at Hamilton· Golden Bell Award in December of 2009.
· Hamilton was given the Arizona State University Lead and Inspire Award for the Academies at Hamilton.
· AP & Honors Curriculum Coordinator, coordinating all aspects of the AP & Honors programs and AP testing. Facilitating horizontal and vertical teaming within the honors program to coordinate curriculum. The number of AP tests administered at Hamilton has doubled under my supervision.
· Hamilton was named the Siemens / College Board AP Arizona High School of the Year in 2006.· Developed the first drug and alcohol treatment referral program for high school students disciplined for using these substances in CUSD.