Spring Semester Registration deadline is Feburary 8, 2019

                                    Payment deadline is February 11, 2019


     Get a Head Start on College with Dual Credit Classes!
    Community Colleges provide ambitious students the ability to earn college credits - all while still in high school. Seniors, juniors, and qualified sophomores and freshmen are eligible to get a head start on their college course work.  You can now earn college credit for specific college-level courses right at your high school. During regular school hours!  Chandler Gilbert Community College is the Dual Enrollment partner for Hamilton High School.

    Dual Enrollment Is the Right Choice for You to...

    • Earn college and high school credit simultaneously
    • Be confident that your credits will be able to transfer to the in-state university of your choice
    • Save money on college tuition and text books
    • Finish college faster
    • Eliminate duplication of coursework during your early years of college

    Where do I start?

    Only certain classes qualify as dual enrollment. Please see your counselor to make sure you are enrolled in the correct class to receive the credit. For a complete listing of Hamilton’s dual enrollment classes, please use this link:  2018-2019 Dual Credit Class List  

    Hamilton High




    How do I register for Dual Enrollment (Create your account/register online but do not choose classes on line, that is done in paper form with HHS) 

    Students should obtain a registration form from their dual enrollment certified teacher or Dual Enrollment office C223.  Complete the steps indicated on the front cover to begin the registration process (on line registration process only,  but do not pick your classes. You will not get Dual Credit without paper registration form). Fill in the paper form completely, and then bring it to C223 to be reviewed and signed


    Tuition  is $85 per credit hour, with a $15 registration fee per semester. If your student is enrolled in a year-long class, they only need to register in the Fall. Payment is done solely through CGCC. You may pay on-line. Payment plans are available, as well as financial aid. For more information, go to www.cgc.edu/dual

    Pay online by logging in to your Student Center at my.maricopa.edu and clicking the "Payment Options" button under the Finances section. Using this option allows you to pay all at once or sign up for the monthly payment plan (make a payment instructions). Payments can also be made in person at the Chandler-Gilbert Community College Cashier's Office or by calling the Cashier's Office at 480-732-7312. Please have your college ID number ready.

    Tuition assistance is available through Chandler-Gilbert Community College.  


    My student took a class at Hamilton last year, and I just found out it was a dual enrollment course. Can he still get the college credit for that class?

    Unfortunately not. The college requires that the student must be registered in the dual enrollment program while taking the class. There is no post-class credit offered.

    My daughter took Pre-calc last year, and it wasn’t offered for dual enrollment. But her friend took the same class from a different teacher, and received the credit. Why?

    CGCC has certain requirements that must be met in order to become an adjunct faculty member. Just because a course is offered as dual enrollment may not mean that teacher is certified with CGCC. Check with your student’s counselor to ensure they are enrolled in the correct classes to receive dual enrollment credit.

    I’m trying to enroll my student in classes online, and it says they are full. But he is taking the class at Hamilton – why can’t I enroll him?

    Because the college requires that the high school sign all registration forms, they have closed the online registration to dual enrollment. Have your student complete the registration form available from his teacher and follow the instructions for enrollment through his High School office. 

    What is the difference between dual enrollment and AP? Does my student have to do both to get the college credit?

    Both options offer students the chance to receive college credit while attending high school. They are separate programs, both with advantages for your student.

     Dual enrollment credit will transfer to any in-state university, if the student passes the class with a C or better.  It is recommended that you visit the website of any college or university your student is interested in attending to research their specific credit transfer policies. For a complete listing of universities accepting dual enrollment credit, please see www.maricopa.edu/transfer.

    AP credit will transfer to many universities across the country. The student must pass with a qualifying grade in order for the credit to be accepted, and policies vary from institution to institution. It is recommended that you visit the website of any college or university your student is interested in attending to research their specific credit transfer policies.

    We encourage families to discuss both options thoroughly, as each student’s situation is different. Dual credit requires an upfront financial investment larger than the AP test, but may offer students with “test anxiety” a more comfortable environment to earn the credit. AP is more widely accepted across the country and is a less expensive alternative.

    More Information:

    Questions for CGCC can be directed to the Dual Enrollment office at 480-732-7006, or emailed to dualenrollment@cgc.edu.

    Questions for Hamilton High School not answered here can be directed to our office at 480-883-5040.