Welcome to Hamilton AcDec!
HAMILTON ACADEMIC DECATHLON INVITATIONAL 2018-19
Please visit our "Competition" page for recent comp results!
Congratulations to the following students who will be moving on to Regional Competition:
Jake Nance, Jasmine Sun, Aris Zhu, Zuzia Stechly, Emma Keegan, Navaneeth Unnikrishnan, Emily Jefferson, Melina Chabolla, Tyler Thornton,
The U.S. Academic Decathlon® is excited to announce that the overall curricular theme for 2018–2019 will be The 1960s: A Transformational Decade. Following is some general information on the topics in each of the subject areas.
- SCIENCE: The science topic will be an introduction to laser technology and its applications.
- LITERATURE: The literature curriculum will include critical reading, one long work of literature, and selected shorter works. The long work of literature will be the play Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead by Tom Stoppard.
- ART: The art curriculum will include a section on art fundamentals and will largely focus on an introduction to the art of the 1960s.
- MUSIC: The music curriculum will provide an introduction to the music of the 1960s.
- SOCIAL SCIENCE: The social science curriculum will cover U.S. history in the 1960s.
- ECONOMICS: The economics curriculum will cover fundamental economic concepts, microeconomics, and macroeconomics and will also include a thematic section on the U.S. economy in the 1960s.
- MATHEMATICS: The mathematics curriculum will cover permutations and combinations, algebra, and statistics.*
Additional Resources:United States Academic Decathlon www.usad.orgArizona Academic Decathlon www.azacadec.orgHamilton Academic Decathlon Facebook Group: Hamilton Academic Decathlon 2017-2018 (This is a closed group, so team members need to send an invite request.)Meetings:The team meets every Thursday evening in Room E104 from 6-8pm.2018-19 Officers:Zuzia Stechly and Jacob Nance- Co CaptainsJasmine Sun - TreasurerMegan Ridgway - SecretaryEmilie Ma - HistorianCoaches:Carla Turner, Head Coach firstname.lastname@example.org 480-883-5167Elizabeth Trotti, Assistant Coach email@example.com 480-883-5104Thanks to all of our fabulous team members and parents. We look forward to a stellar year! Please contact Ms. Turner if you are interested in competing, or if you are a parent interested in volunteering to judge competitions, host study sessions, or assemble goody bags or provide snacks for the kids on competition days. Your support is greatly appreciated!