HAMILTON ACADEMIC DECATHLON!
STATE CHAMPIONS 2019, 2020
REGION CHAMPIONS 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
4th Place NATIONALLY, Large school Division 1, 2019
The U.S. Academic Decathlon® is excited to announce that the overall curricular theme for 2020–2021 will be The Cold War. Following is some general information on the topics in each of the subject areas.
- SCIENCE: The science topic will be an introduction to astronomy and will include sections on the Space Race between the United States and the Soviet Union.
- LITERATURE: The literature curriculum will include critical reading, one long work of literature, and selected shorter works. The long work of literature will be Cat’s Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
- Art: The art curriculum will include a section on art fundamentals and will largely focus on an exploration of art during the Cold War.
- Music: The music curriculum will introduce students to various musical works from the Cold War era.
- SOCIAL Science: The social science curriculum will introduce students to the history of the Cold War.
- Economics: The economics curriculum will cover fundamental economic concepts, microeconomics, and macroeconomics and will also include a thematic section on the economics of the Cold War.
- Mathematics: The mathematics curriculum will cover general mathematics, geometry, and an introduction to differential calculus.*
Additional Resources:United States Academic Decathlon www.usad.orgArizona Academic Decathlon www.azacadec.orgHamilton Academic Decathlon Facebook Group 17-18. (This is a closed group, so team members need to send an invite request.)
Aris Zhu and Abhinav Adari- Co Captains
Sophie Macko- Treasurer
Eisha Giran- Secretary
Daniel Choi- Publicity and Historian
Head coach: Carla Turner firstname.lastname@example.org (480) 883-5167
Asst. Coach: Elizabeth Trotti email@example.com (480) 883-5224Thanks to all of our fabulous team members and parents. We look forward to a stellar year! Please contact Ms. Turner if you are interested in competing, or if you are a parent interested in volunteering to judge competitions, host study sessions, or assemble goody bags or provide snacks for the kids on competition days. Your support is greatly appreciated!