Welcome to a new school year! If you are looking to get a head start on materials needed for the class, I have included a list of items swimmers will need and some ideas on where to purchase them.
Materials needed for class:
- Competitive Swim suits - girls must wear a one piece suit only; boys may purchase jammers or briefs. I recommend Big 5 across the street, they have pretty good prices and a good selection of sizes. Due to the fact that the swimmers wear them everyday, they do start to stretch out and get worn out fairly quickly. I recommend looking on some of the websites like swimoutlet.com for some good bargain prices. Here is a link to just one of many suits on the site. http://www.swimoutlet.com/p/sporti-light-wave-thin-strap-swimsuit-23224/?q=1&richrelevance&CategoryTopProducts&category_page.rr1
- Goggles - I recommend a REALLY GOOD PAIR and a BACK UP PAIR. There is nothing worse than goggles that do not stay on tight and keep the water out, or a pair that breaks and you don't have a back up. Speedo Vanquishers are a popular brand and they last a long time. Here is a link to speedo vanquishers on swimoutlet.com. Nike and TYR also make similar goggles. http://www.swimoutlet.com/p/speedo-vanquisher-20-mirrored-goggle-13161/
- Water bottle - They will definitely need this. We will have containers of ice cold water filled by our athletic trainer, but they need to bring their own water bottles.
- Academy uniforms (PURCHASE AT THE BOOKSTORE OR DURING HUSKY DAYS) - this is the black short and shirts for swim academy. Each academy has their own specific uniform. Price is $30.
- Academy Swim Caps - $5 at the bookstore and also sold during husky days. These are REQUIRED for all girls and boys with longer hair.
Items that you DO NOT NEED to purchase -
- kickboard, fins, and pull buoys - we have all of this equipment that will be checked out to the swimmers that they are responsible for taking care of and returning at the end of the year. If you have your own equipment you are more than welcome to use it, but Hamilton is not responsible for your own equipment.
Syllabus - Please make sure you read the syllabus thoroughly, print the last page and return to the signed portion to class.