*Please pay the $40 EAC fee ASAP. You can pay online or at the HHS bookstore.Welcome to Hamilton High SchoolBoys VolleyballAs a Husky Volleyball Player,
- Your team comes first. You agree that the team is paramount. Your personal goals and your team goals do not necessarily conflict, but when they do, you accept that decisions made are for the good of the team.
- Rules help the team run smoothly. Each player must decide if he buys into our system and is willing to commit to the team. Every rule is to benefit the team and you must decide, in advance, whether you are willing to abide by them. If not, you should not be part.
- Our team thrives on trust and respect. You must trust your coaches and your teammates, and behave in a way that earns their respect. You must do everything reasonably necessary to make yourself and your team better.
- Our athletes must be coachable. There is often more than one way to do things correctly. In some cases, your coaches will select a specific strategy for the benefit of the entire team, even if it doesn't benefit a particular individual. You must be willing to make changes according to your coaches' suggestions. If coaches seem to be "riding" you, it is usually because we think you are capable of a higher level of performance.
- Our team works hard. Everyone wants to win, but few will make the sacrifices to do it. No one will give you anything in life - you must earn it. You cannot cut corners. Strive every day to improve.
- Our team has balance. To balance academics, athletics, work and family, you must plan ahead and make difficult choices. The choices you make will affect your future opportunities.
- On our team, bench time is playing time. As a Husky volleyball player, you maintain the same focus and enthusiasm whether you are between the lines or on the bench. You accept that playing time is decided by the coaching staff for the good of the team in the circumstances of the moment. Our Husky bench is a secret weapon - every player has his head in the game at every moment and is ready to come in at any opportunity.
- Our team can be successful. Almost any obstacle can be overcome with hard work. Commitment, perseverance and responsibility will prove to be successful.
- Our team has fun. Volleyball is one of the most fun sports in the world. You know you've chosen the right sport if you simply cannot wait to get back in the gym and absolutely love stepping on the court with your friends and teammates every chance you get.
- Our team passes it on. As you move through high school, share your new skills and insights with new or younger players. Be generous with your time and knowledge.
- Remember, Once a Husky, Always a Husky - come back and support our program!
Important Items:* All players will need a physical prior to tryouts. It is important to do this ahead of time via the Register My Athlete portal.* All athletes that make the team will be required to pay a $40.00 pay to participate fee in the bookstore.* We encourage families to donate to tax credit. The donations help support the program and the kids. $200.00 single individual, $400.00 for families.