Hamilton High School AnnouncementsFriday, January 19, 2017
- Students interested in understanding the process to apply to highly selective colleges, should plan on attending a one hour session at the Chandler Center for the Arts on Tuesday, January 23rd at 6:30pm. Presented by Duke University.
- CLUB SPONSORS- Please send club info to firstname.lastname@example.org before Jan 26th to be included in the yearbook!!
- Congratulations to the Husky We the People team who placed first in the state competition! They travel to Washington D.C. in April to represent Arizona at the national competition. If you are a JUNIOR and interested in joining next year’s We the People team, please see Mr. Harvey in C-109A for an application by Wednesday, January 24.
- It’s a New Year and time for a FRESH START! Come join Fellowship of Christian HUSKIES on Monday, January 22, to hear about how to get a fresh start on life. We meet from 7:00 to 8:30 in the cafeteria. We'll be doing some fun workout activities and get motivated for the semester. Come join us -- all are welcome!
- The student parking lot is now SOLD OUT! If you wish to get a parking space in the future, please go to E100 and see Mrs. Grosse to put your name on the waiting list. We will be giving spaces out as they become available to the people that are on the waiting list. Also, due to the demand for parking space, we NO longer have any place for temporary parking. So, if you do not have an assigned parking space DO NOT drive to school and park on campus. If you know ahead of time that you need to drive to school and do not have a space, come in and see Matt in Security in A111 for possible help.
- Are you interested in linguistics, language technologies, and problem solving? Computational Linguistic Olympiad will take place on January 25th from 9:30 am to 1:00 pm in the Career Center. Please register online and contact Senora Stechly in room 109 for more information.
- Hamilton Ladies -- did you know that girls’ lacrosse is the fastest growing sport in the nation? Maybe you would like to give it a try. Come out to Desert Breeze Park this Saturday, January 20 from 9:00 to 10:30 a.m. and see what it is like. Sticks will be provided and it will be plenty of fun --and you can make some new friends, too. See Mrs. Hendricks in E207 for more information.
- Saturday, January 27th is the EVIT Expo at the main campus in Mesa. Those students interested in visiting the EVIT campus and need transportation stop by C125 to sign up and get your permission slip. The deadline for registering for the Saturday bus in Wednesday January 23. Those students that are interested in Cosmetology or Aesthetics at EVIT please stop by C125 for a registration packet. These two classes are first come first served and should be processed as soon as possible.
- Attention all AP students!! The AP exam registration deadline is fast approaching. You must register and pay by Feb 1st to avoid late fees. If you need assistance see Ms. Thatcher in C223.
- Senior Ads for the yearbook must be purchased by Feb 14th. Seniors remind your parents to go to Jostens.com to design and purchase your ad.
- Would you like to change someone's life? The crutches 4 Africa drive will be running from Jan.15th to Feb. 20th, where you can donate crutches or any mobility device you may have. The donation box will be located at the front entrance.
- Hey Huskies! During the week of January 22-26 we will be celebrating Hamilton's diversity with a multicultural week. Friday we will be having a multicultural performing arts assembly where our very own students will be perform songs and dances that highlight their heritage.
- Since the Olympics are also coming up soon, our spirit week will themed around that.
Monday- Olympians Day Off (Wear PJS)
Tuesday- Tourist Day (Wear at outfit or shirt from a different country)
Wednesday- Flag Day (Wear colors from the flag of a country in your heritage)
Thursday- Universal Sports Day (Represent an International Sports Team)
Friday- Class Olympics
- Have a great day Huskies!