Hamilton High School Announcements
Friday, February 26, 2021
- Today’s block schedule is periods 0, 1, 3, 5, 7
- Come out and support your D3 Hockey team this Saturday at the Coyotes Community Ice Center in Mesa against the Chaparral Firebirds at 8:15 PM. Make sure to bring your mask and help cheer your team to victory!
- Hey Huskies, do you have a cell phone at home that you or your parents are not using? If so, you may want to consider donating it to Ms. Lisa, in room H127E. "Phones for Charity" program will repair and donate the phone or proceeds to our homeless and underprivileged huskies at school. This is a great way to give back to your fellow huskies in need. Again, drop off your old phone to H127E! Have a great day huskies!
- AP students taking AP Exams! Deadline to register and pay for your AP Exam is TODAY! If you have questions, please go to C223!
- Are you interested in learning more about public speaking? Tired of having debates at your kitchen table? Then you might be interested in joining the speech and debate class next year. This elective will cover several types of speeches leading to methods of speech preparation techniques for delivery and introduces students to argumentation research and public speaking. This class can be instrumental in the development of self-confidence. If you are interested, please stop by Ms. Feldman's room, C218, for an application.
- Attention ALL Juniors - the Spring ACT will be on Tuesday, March 2nd. All Juniors should plan to be at school at 7:20am and proceed to their testing room (your English teacher will give you that room number), COA students check for room assignment when you arrive. Please bring photo ID, #2 pencils, calculator, a snack and water. For all other students, we will follow the late start schedule.
- SENIORS - Sun Lakes Rotary Club is looking for a Hamilton Senior who performs community service outside of the school environment, expecting nothing in return. You must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above, and submit a 300-word paper indicating what service above self means to you. Scholarship award is $2,000. Please see your COUNSELOR for more information and to pick up an application. Application must be submitted to your COUNSELOR by Friday, April 9th!
- Are you part of the black community or interested in learning more about the black culture and community? Or maybe you’re feeling alone during this tough time for your community? Join Hamilton’s Black Student Union today! The google classroom code is i63l57g, or text @6k9dfd to 81010 to join the reminder for more updates.
- She’s the First is also holding a menstrual product drive till Friday, March 12! Bring in tampons, pads and any other menstrual products to the box by the front office!
- The HHS Orchestra Boosters are sponsoring a Goodwill In-Store Donation Drive on Saturday, February 27th, from 10:00am to 2:00pm at the Goodwill retail store located at Alma School & Queen Creek. Please Bag up items in your house that are no longer in use, and drop them off at the Alma School Goodwill store on Feb 27, and don't forget to mention the HHS Orchestras!!
- Attention 11th grade girls: If you are interested in government or politics the American Legion Girls State program might be for you. The virtual program will be held from June 6-June 12. See your counselor or American History teacher for more information. Deadline to apply is March 2
- Sand Volley tryouts are as follows: Monday, March 1st 5-6:30pm, Tuesday, March 2nd 3-4pm, Wednesday, March 3rd 5-6:30pm, Thursday, March 4th 5-6:30pm, Friday March 5th 3-4:30pm and Monday, March 8th 3-4:30pm at Chuparosa Park.
- Any girls interested in playing sand volleyball, there will be open sand TODAY at Chuparosa Park from 4-5:30pm.
- Hamilton Dance Company, Junior Company and Advance dance tryouts are March 1st through March 5th from 4:30-7pm. Intermediate tryouts will be March 6th from 8-1pm. All tryouts are in the dance room, G106. HDC tryout packet in online. If you have questions, please contact Mr. D in Room G106.
- Show Some Hamilton Class! Get your class shirts now, available in the bookstore for ONLY $5. Remember this year will never happen again!