- Earn college credit less expensively.
- Smaller class environment for learning.
- Proceed through college more quickly (reduced overall cost).
- If you pass the class, you earn the credit.
- Schools in Idaho, as well as many public out of state schools will accept the credit.
- You must decide on the credit before the college drop deadline (often 2 weeks).
- Record of the class goes on your official, permanent college record and can impact financial aid.
- Some public schools and many private schools will not accept credit.
- Some schools only accept the credit for elective or placement purposes.
Students must meet the prerequisite criteria for the Dual Enrollment course or have a qualifying placement score by taking an appropriate placement test. CGCC offers testing services at two locations, the Pecos Campus (walk-in hours) and the Williams Campus (by appointment only).
The Dual Enrollment tuition rate is $85 per credit hour. There is also a $15 registration fee once per semester. Payment is made directly to CGCC for both fall and spring semester classes. Tuition is paid directly to CGCC with cash, check, money order or credit card. The payment deadline for fall is Sept 17 and Feb 11 for the spring semester.
The priority deadline to apply for tuition assistance for the 2018-2019 school year is May 31, 2018. Applications submitted after this date may not be considered and will no longer be accepted after August 31, 2018. There is no commitment to register for classes if your plans change in the fall, but applying now allows you to determine your eligibility and become pre-qualified for funding. For more information, please visit Chandler Gilbert Community College Dual Enrollment Tuition website.