DECA (formerly referred to as Distributive Education Clubs of America), prepares emerging leaders and entrepreneurs for careers in marketing, finance, hospitality, and management in high schools and colleges across the globe.
The purposes of the organization is to provide students an avenue for becoming (1) academically prepared, (2) community oriented, (3) professionally responsible and (4) experienced leaders.
As a co-curricular organization, in order to join DECA, students must be enrolled or have previously completed Marketing 1 and Marketing 2 courses.
Activities & Events
- Camp DECA - Williams, Arizona, August 26-28, 2019
Fall Leadership Conference - Arizona Diamondbacks/Chase Field, September 24th, 2019
- Thanksgiving Food Drive - November 12-22, 2019
- Power Trip - Washington, D.C., November 14-18, 2019
- Mock Competition, Casteel HS, December 12, 2019
District Competition - ASU Tempe Campus, January 16th, 2020
- State Competition - Arizona Grand Resort and Spa, February 21-23, 2020
- International Competition - Nashville, TN, April 28-May 3, 2020
- End of the Year Banquet - Location and Date TBD
- No regular meeting time, spring 2020 meeting dates TBA soon