• Frequently Asked Questions

    What’s the difference between AP and Dual Enrollment?

    Both options offer students the chance to receive college credit while attending high school. They are separate programs, both with advantages for your student.

    AP credit will transfer to many universities across the country. The student must pass with a qualifying grade in order for the credit to be accepted, and policies vary from institution to institution. For general information about credit transfer as it relates to the AP program, please visit http://apscore.collegeboard.org/creditandplacement/search-credit-policies. For information relating to a specific college or university, it is recommended that you visit the institution’s website to research their individual credit transfer policies.

    My student wants to take an AP test for a class that he didn’t take. Is this allowed?

    We discourage students from self-study for most AP tests. In order to be as successful as possible, it is strongly recommended that the student do the course work. Students choosing to test as self-study must receive approval from administration prior to ordering their exam.

    My child is taking five different tests – is there financial aid available?

    Financial aid is available to those who qualify based on federal guidelines. Students may pick up a financial aid application in from Mrs. Carrie Shropshire in the front office.

    If you have other questions about our AP program, please call our office at 480-424-8266.

    Click below for the link for AP Test Registration