Do You Think You Need a Letter of Recommendation???
- Determine if a letter of recommendation is REQUIRED. Letters are not required for all colleges or scholarships
- Select the right person for the job (Teacher, Coach or Counselor) who knows you the best and can highlight your attributes with real life examples/experiences.
- If a letter from your counselor is REQUIRED, you must do the following:
- Complete the Letter of Recommendation Request Form located on Senior Tab of the College and Career Center Website.
- Have a resume prepared, if requested.
- After completing the request, you must submit and give your counselor 2 weeks (of school days) notice for a letter to be completed. If you do not provide adequate time, your request may be denied. Requests may take longer prior to November 1st.
- It is the student’s responsibility to keep track and pick up the letter once completed.
Complete this form and include it with your request. Please give your letter of recommendation writer advance notice – at least 2 weeks (of school days) prior to the due date. It is the student’s responsibility to keep track and pick-up the letter once it is completed.